I have started the arduous task of withdrawal from methadone as well as ambien and xanax. these addictions are all a result of chronic pain due to spina bifida at birth. sense my pain doc is not willing to detox me directly from methadone to suboxone because of the length of time it stays in the system, i am maintaining for a 2 week period on high doses of oxycodone until the methadone is finally eliminated from my system, and then i will go into voluntary withdrawl for a few days before starting suboxone treatment, the goal being that i can be drug free with the potential of maintaining on suboxone for a certain amount of time by the end of April. is anyone dealing with a similar treatment? anyone with peripheral neuropathy pain that ended up in the same cycle of addiction?

I am on high dose of methadone and appreciate your post.I want off.

Hey. It may be a little late but I went from 80mgs of methadone, to heroin for two weeks and then suboxone for three and didn't get sick. There were emotional side effects for sure, but I was able to remain narcotics free for four years.