I had been on methadone for about 1 year at a clinic.  I went to 65 mg, no higher.  I began dosing out gradually...I came down to 15mg by dosing down 2mg every week.  After I reached 15mg, I dosed on out at 5mg a day.  After day 3 of nothing, I started taking suboxone, 8mg a day.  I did this for a week, then quit the suboxone so I wouldn't have withdraws from it.. However, it has been 5 days now without anything at all and i am having severe leg and arm pain, spasms.  Could this be from the methadone still coming out of my system even though it has been 13 days without methadone or is it the suboxone. 

Drink 1 litre of water a day and the muscle pain will subside must hydrate everyday.

probably both. stick with one or the other and reduce slowly to prevent withdrawal.. and get off it.

i was put on methadone for severe CHROnic pain mostly cause im allergic to pills...the started me at 30mg and i weighed 95lbs at 36 yrs old LOOKED HORRIBLE! 4 mnths later after being almost dead i aspent xmas with my kids and the dauy after i choose to go in hspital for detox I SURLY KNW I WASNT ADDICTED..BUT I HAD SO MUCH the dr said i wld have died if i tried to detox at hm the were suprise i was still alive, they had to put me in a coma slp for 3 days...here it is 2 years later and for the short time i was on it i have complete amnesia. several drs told me the samething....very few ppl but some NEVER FULLY RECOVER...JUST MY LUCK I AM ONE OFTHE FEW..THIS SO CALLED SYNTH DRUG RUINED MY LIFE!! MY TEENAGERS WOULD SLP WITH ME TO MAKE SURE IM BREATHIN AND I AM NOT AND NEVER WILL BE "FULLY BACK TO MYSELF" I HOPE U HAV BETTER LUCK, I CANT REMEBER MY NAME HALF ITHE TIME AMD ITS EMBARRASSING BUT WISH U BETTER LUCK

U have to wein off methadone slowly and all the way or u will never do it.