Hello! My name is Marry and my family and I have a terrible problem. My brother is methamphetamine addict. We would do anything to help him. I kindly ask you to tell me something about methamphetamine withdrawal. This is very important to us and I hope you will answer prompt.

Hello! First of all it is very important that your brother is willing methamphetamine withdrawal. He probably will have withdrawal symptom which is not easy at all. He will suffer terrible pains, will act irrational, etc; and that is why it is important to start with methamphetamine withdrawal in appropriate institution where doctors, nurses and other hospital stuff can help him on appropriate way.

Although there are no physical manifestations of a withdrawal syndrome when methamphetamine use is stopped, there are several symptoms that occur when a chronic user stops taking the drug. These include depression, anxiety, fatigue, paranoia, aggression, and an intense craving for the drug.

I'm sorry to read about your brother. I have been on & off meth foR 6 yrs. I've been clean for as long as a year & then started using again. I go on "tangents" or "binges" for a few monthe to a year, than I quit for a few months or a year. My LATEST "binge" was only lasted 3 months long & i consumed a "moderate" amount. 2 days after I stopped using AGAIN, was HORRIBLE!! I have battled depression on & off my entire 33 years. However, that 2nd day after quitting this past time was the deepest, darkest, most severe depression I have ever felt. I actually sorted out my belongings that I wanted my kids to have in case I decided death was better than life. I wrote a will as to what I wanted to occur after my death. The whole 9! Thank god, I don't have access to a gun!! The love for my kids is what made me say enough and quit (this time forever).
My love for them and the sadness I've experienced with a loved ones suicide is not something I wanted to do to my kids. They are what kept me from killing myself that 2nd day after quitting. The worst of withdrawls (for me & many I know) is the depression. If he quits (which by the way, HE has to want to quit AND make sure he is included in the quitting plan as anger is a big issue when you start to withdrawl), make sure he is watched ESPECIALLY if he's had depression issues in the past (obviously he is masking some demon or another if he is abusing/using). I also suggest you discuss/look into anti-depressents as as long term methamphetamine use can permanetly destroy your endorphine production & receptors.
He is facing a hard uphill battle. No matter how often he falls, help pick him up if you lovr him. BUT, don't let yourself be taken advantage of either. If you love him, it may take 30 attempts and/or a few yrs. to fully recover with no relapses, but, if he wants it, he can get there. Family/friends are impairitive to recovery. DON'T TURN YOUR BACK!! He may always miss the energy/buzz from meth, BUT, it does get easier. He will have to remove himself from "temptation". No matter who he uses with, he's going to have to let them go. My "binges" always reoccur when I bump into my old "buddy" (she actually is a true friend & was before meth. BUT, meth addiction always comes first). I wish you luck and pray for his recovery.
Sincerly,
Yesterdays Addict