I want to improve my speed and endurance. I heard of some techniques based on Heart Rate. I dont know what they really are. It has something to do with your heart rate, doesnt it? I want to know more about it. Could you explain to me what does it mean?

Heart Rate Based Training is what it sounds. The type of training that relies on your heart rate as a guidline for the specific details of training. You have max heart rate, aerobic treshold and anaerobic treshold. Based on your current level of fitness and your specific objectives your workouts are being designed according to your heart rate. The hardest is your max heart rate and this should never be approached. Second is the anaerobic treshold, a maximal speed, at which, although very hard, you can sustain your work at concetrated effort. I you would like to go any harder you would have to stop or ease up. This is for the very experienced and hard working athletes in very good form. Third, there is aerobic treshold, a level of effort where you start to breathe deeply. Novice athletes should stick to this level at the beginning.