Helo,
I need advice on one matter. My grandfather has been diagnosed with chronic mitral valve regurgitation. I don’t know what this is. Anyone here with some kind experience?

Chronic mitral valve regurgitation is a long-term disorder and it can be progressive. The consequence of chronic mitral valve regurgitation looks like that: mitral valve, which separates the left upper chamber of the heart from the left lower chamber, does not close properly. This might cause blood to leak (that is why this disorder is called regurgitation) into the left upper chamber of the heart from the left lower chamber during contraction of the heart.
Mitral regurgitation is the most common type of heart valve insufficiency and it becomes chronic when the condition persists (since mitral valve regurgitation may occur for only a short time period).
Because of the leakage of the blood (cos mitral valve fails to close properly) the blood flow to the body (cardiac output) is decreased as a result. As consequence heart pumps harder to try to compensate.
Chronic mitral regurgitation affects approximately more women than men (cca 5% of population), but with elder people (after 55 years of age) mitral valve regurgitation is found in almost 20% of men and women who undergo echocardiograms, as is the case with your grandfather. Mitral valve regurgitation present from birth is less common and it is a part of a more complex heart syndrome. Chronic mitral valve regurgitation can be caused by different diseases (mostly heart diseases), but I won’t go into details. Considering treatment- hospitalization may be required, maybe even surgery in a sense of replacement of the valve, but only if heart function is poor, if symptoms are severe or if the condition deteriorates. Anyhow, your grandfather will have periodic check ups by a specialist and I guess they (if!) will determine a surgery. Now, I guess he’ll need anti-arrhythmic drugs. Anti-arrhythmic drugs are medications that regulate the heart rhythm. Maybe even digitals may be used to strengthen the heartbeat. Chronic mitral valve regurgitation could present a danger for you and your parents, since risk factors include an individual or family history of any of the disorders.
Hope you have a better insight in the mitral valve regurgitation disorder.