I am not feeling well last couple of weeks. I have problem with sleeping, chest pain. Sometimes during the night I have arrhythmias. Oh, I sleep in socks because my feet are uncomfortably cold especially at night. I' know about the increased incidence of mitral valve prolapse syndrome in hypothyroid patients. Actually I read about the case of mitral regurgitation. I wonder if it is this something that can occur suddenly.

The symptoms you been having sound like MVP or mitral regurgitation, but also those symptoms can come from being hypothyroid. Maybe you should do your thyroids level again. See a doctor about it. If you have MVP, your doctor will give you antibiotic medicine before dental procedures or general surgery, especially if you have mitral regurgitation. I would advise you not to have any large meals or fatty snacks before retiring to bed, as well as tea, caffeine, chocolate and colas.