What kind of condition is Mitral valve regurgitation? My husband’s diagnose is Mitral valve regurgitation. He suffered from symptoms like shortness of breath and caught, especially when he lies down. He went to see a doctor about it and after some test and exams doctor said that his heart is weak. I don’t understand this condition. I would like to hear any information about Mitral valve regurgitation.

Mitral valve regurgitation is a condition in which the mitral valve doesn't close tightly. This allows blood to flow backward in his heart. When it doesn't function properly, blood can't move through his heart or to the rest of his body as efficiently. The condition can leave him to feel fatigue and shortness of breath. One in five people over age 55 have some degree of mitral valve regurgitation