Hi, my daughter has some sort of bumps on her back and was diagnosed with Molluscum Contagiosum. Don`t know much about her illness, only that is caused by a virus, and all that the doctors say is “it`s a common childhood illness” and “the bumps will go away with the time”. Now, I want to know is there any kind of a treatment? Anybody with more info?

Hi, had the same problem myself when I was a kid. The doctors have told you well, it is a common childhood illness, and the bumps eventually will go away – it`s a self-limited disease. The treatment options are all invasive and painful. So, here are some options. Cryosurgery, quick and efficient method – every lesion will be covered with liquid nitrogen or dry ice for a few seconds. This will have to be repeated a few times. Also, there is evisceration, an easy method to remove the bumps with scalpel or a sharp tooth pick, any kind of instrument that could remove the umbilicated core. But, this method is not for small children. You didn`t say how old is your daughter. There are many methods, anyway, but can`t remember them all, it was a long time ago...