Hi there! My name is Megan and I am a mother of 2 young boys...3 1/2 and 1...and my question is to all those mothers out there...When you went back to work, did your husband pick up the slack at home!? I ask this because my husband (who I love to pieces) always has an excuse not to help me out! A prime example would be last night.... Our youngest son(1) has had pneumonia for about a week but is in the home stretch of getting rid of it but now to compound the situation, he is cutting not 1, not 2 but 8 teeth at the same time( 4 molars and 4 eye teeth!) He was put to bed last night at 8:00 like usual but woke up at 12:00 screaming and crying and wouldn't stop for nearly 2 hours. I was about at my ropes end and finally had to hollar to my husband to come and help me by getting some oragel and advil for our son to take to try and make him feel better and fall asleep. He did this but just set it on the bed and then went back to our room to go to sleep. (I should also add that he had gone to bed at 10 and has to be up for work at 5) I was having trouble managing the screaming little guy and getting the oragel onto his gums and the advil into him and had to call for some more help from hubby. He came but the whole time complained that he has to work in 3 hours and needed to get to sleep. I am just wondering, what is going to happen when I go back to work in a couple of weeks and I have to get up for 7 have both kids (3&1) to daycare by 8 and to work by 8:30? Am I ever going to get some help and is this normal? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Your husband is typical male, they are all the same. I don’t have kids and to be honest, I am afraid to have them because I know I will have to do everything. Men can do stuff but they would never think of doing them on their own. We need to say what needs to be done, they won’t figure out even if it slapped them in the face.
However, they won’t do it the moment you tell them to but just after they finish the stuff they were doing at the moment. I myself am losing my mind over this and am trying to teach him that he too has responsibilities around the house because he no longer lives with his parents and needs to learn what responsibility is. I, however, don’t have the right approach so everything looks like nagging and getting angry about everything he does wrong.
I know this is a very bad approach but I can’t help getting mad when he doesn’t do anything but his work and his computer. So,,,,,you are not alone in this. They need to be told what to do.
Some women say not to worry and that I will stop fussing about it after a year of marriage but I know I am not because it is so frustrating and in my opinion rude from them.
My best friend has a little girl and her husband never thinks that she would maybe like to have an hour sleep and always takes a nap although she needs help.