I am a single mother. My husband had a car accident five years ago. I have a son and he is 12 years old. Last week I went to his teacher and he told me that my son have not been in the school for the past three days. When I asked him where he was he told me that he was playing. I feel that there is much more than that. I know that all mothers have problems with their kids. Can one of you advice me?

Becareful about being the friend and the parent. As a single mother, you are mom, dad, and friend. There is a balance, but now is the time for you to build the trust in your child to be able to speak to you about anything. I told my daughter that there wasn't anything she could do/think of doing/try/etc that we hadn't done yet and at 14 we are lucky she comes to talk to us. It might not be all the time, but for the most part.

Kids sometimes know to be shy about their secrets. I went trough that path with my daughter. She was avoiding her school because we have moved to another town and different school. I have to talk with her and kids in her new school. After that they have accepted her and everything was OK. You must talk with your daughter and tell her that we were all kids once and that she can speak with you about everything. Tell her that she won't be punished if she tells you the truth. It is time for you to be her friend and her parent.