Hi everyone,

I have a problem. I think of myself as the smallest person in the world, I mean, like the least significant person in the entire universe. I have literally no self esteem and I believe that everybody is better than me because they are, they really are. I'm useless and I'm not doing anything with my life.

I recently started having panic attacks and I believe that my low self esteem is what is causing them. I hope that someone can help me and tell me what to do because I am completely lost and I am scared to death.

Hey Guest,

If your low self esteem is what caused your panic attacks, then nothing can help you really, the only thing that you can do is get your self esteem on a normal level again.

This is not easily done and you can't do it on your own. You should start seeing a psychologist or if necessary, maybe a psychiatrist as well. Psychiatrists are for some more serious cases so I doubt that you will have to talk to one of these, but I definitely recommend talking to a psychologist. They can really help a lot and you can rely on them.

Psychologist, definitely.

I had the exact same problem and my psychologist helped me so much, I am so grateful to her for making me feel better and for getting over this period of my life.

If you decide to talk to a psychologist, there is one thing that you need to pay attention to. Not all of psychologists are good, some of them might just make things even worse for you. You will recognize a bad therapy in this way: if you don't feel any better after walking out of the psychologist's office, then you won't benefit from these sessions and I recommend not seeing that psychologist again.

I don't want my condition to become any worse, I can barely stand how it is now.

Well, if you say that I should talk to a psychologist, then I will do it. I will try to at least, and I hope that I will find a good one, anyway, I will take the advice that you gave me regarding bad psychologists. If this psychologist happens to help me and make me feel better, I will be so grateful to you that you can't even imagine it. You will be the one partly responsible for making my life easier to live.

That is good to hear, Guest, I am holding my fingers crossed for you. I have a few friends who are into medicine so if you want, you can send me a message and tell me where do you live, I can talk with my friends and they can find a good psychologist for you at the place where you live, this is the least I can do.

I really hope that you get better. You are unique just like everyone else is and you need to know that. You need to know how special you are and you need to feel confident about it.

Hi there.

It can be really bad if you ask me. But there is one big problem - I am sure that nothing can actually help you when your low self - esteem is causing you a panic attacks.  Look, I do know a lot of people who have Self Esteem Attacks, and those attacks often lead to depression and feelings of devastation. That is very common, unfortunately. Self Esteem attacks also occur when a person perceives she has done or said something insensitive, inappropriate, stupid, or ridiculous. I don't know how to deal with it, I had this attack just once and I don't know what I was doing. 

I totally understand what you are telling me. And I do know how you feel about this whole situation. I have been there and I saw that, I do know what can happen when low self - esteem cause a panic attack. It happened to me a numerous of times, but one day I had this ugly attack while I was at the city mall. I can't tell you how people looked at me, I was crying, I was acting very weird. I went to see my doctor three days later after this horrible attack and he told me that unfortunately, there is no adequate cure for it, like you already told in here. I don't know what can be helpful...

Hey ya guys!

Unfortunately, it is known that low self - esteem  drive our emotions in a negative direction and that is what make us to fear or to be angry. There is a cure, and that cure is medications. But, when you have depression due to low self esteem seldom like I told you, it  requires medication and then only for a short period so you really don't need to be scared at all. Most individuals who suffer from low self esteem have differing degrees of situational depression at different times in their lives, some have consistent depression for years and until they go through the recovery process. It can be bad, but it will go away.