Hi there,

I am Jennifer, 29 years old and I have been in this mood since my husband died 4 months ago. We still didn't have any kids so when it happened, I was kind of left alone with nobody around. I have a couple of friends who come and visit from time to time but they aren't of much help, to be honest, I actually prefer them not to come.

I feel like everyone else is better than me and like I don't deserve anything good to happen to me. I don't want to feel this way anymore, I want it to stop.

jenn ifirst of sorry for your loss ,you have to work on your self esteem so you can feel better about your self i know thats it hard for you now .i know because my wife died about a year ago and belive me i know what your going through. but you know what it gets better, time will heal your wounds .it may not seem that way now but it will. i know your heart is broken .but if you want to talk some more let me know

I am sorry about your wife as well, I hope that you are right about time healing everything. 

I don't know, I am not good at talking to people anymore. I used to be but not anymore, I don't think that I am ready for it. And my self esteem is very low, I hope that you are right about getting it back but right now I feel like I am never going to snap out of this. I know that I have a problem but I am not able to do anything about it, I'm so lost and scared about all this.

just take your time ,take it one day at a time or maybe one second at a time but it will get better yes i understand your self esteem is low right now but let me tell you something you are somebody and i know that you are a unique person you just need some time for your heart to heal.i know your heart is shatterd right now .and your doing a good job on talking about it

The person talking to you is right, Guest, you need to give time to time, that's how they say it in my country. Time heals everything.

You can't rush these things. The first think that you need to do is to keep calm and you need to make peace with everything and with yourself. Not many people make peace with themselves but once you succeed in doing that, you are going to feel as free as a bird.

You can try talking to this user as well, sharing similar experiences can help you a lot, he can tell you how he got over his wife's death as well.

I will give it a try and see if things are getting any better. It is hard living while feeling so worthless, you know. But I don't want to throw my life away, I know that there are good things waiting for me out there so I am going to try my best to make this work.

I thank you a lot for being here for me Guest, for sharing your own experience with me and for wanting to talk to me and help me with this. You are such a kind person and I honestly want you all the best of this world.

so yea give it a try ,life is worth living and you have to live life to the fullest ,you must move on cause its not a good thing for you just to exsit . my ears are open for you whenever you feel like talking to me .but i want you to be ready i dont want to rush you. so yea take your time and as time passes you will slowly begin to feel better and you will start to open up more and more so look foward in talking to you ,,,,,god bless

Stay positive, Jennifer.

The first thing that will lead towards your recovery is having positive thoughts instead of negative thoughts. I read somewhere that fighting negative thoughts is not a good way because you cannot really "fight" negative thoughts. You need to recognize them when they appear, you need to accept them and then tell yourself "I am not going to let negative thoughts take over me, I am going to think positive".

I was in a similar situation, I was suffering from depression as well and this particular technique helped me a lot. I hope it can help you as well.

This situation is totally familiar for me. I have been in this situation and I needed a lot of time until I didn't learn how to fight it. And, you know what? I won. I really did.
There are so many ways to overcome low self - esteem, and I did it but of course, my doctor helped me. I didn't wanted to do anything without him.
You need to learn how to live in the moment and how to forget about things that literally killing you. I also was not judgmental as I was before. I was living for the moment, like I told you. It is hard, but once you learn how - you will be happy.
Other thing that I was doing - I was writing my journal. And at the end of the day, I never forgot to mention that I love myself and that I am happy because I am out of depression. It works.

Hey. My good friend is having problem with this as well and as long as she is trying to move on, she keeps telling me that she thinks that she is going one step forward. She is insure at everything that she is doing, and she doesn't know how to overcome this. She also took a lot of time for it, but nothing happens. She is just the same as she was three months ago, or five months ago. I am reading your comments - how to learn to live in the moment, how to learn to forget about ugly things? I think that no one can do it. I am not sure, thanks God that is one of the situations that avoided me, but I am scared for her because I can see that she lost her will to fight.

You really don't have to be concerned about this because there are so many ways how to overcome low self - esteem, of course don't do anything without consulting your doctor about steps that you are about to take. It is very important to remember that you have only one life and that is it. That is why you need to learn how to live comfortably and to avoid comfort. It is also very hard to be in the relationship when you are depressed, but you need to learn one thing - if you start to love yourself you will have a love for someone else as well. Try to adopt those advice and I am sure that you will be fine. Good luck friend.

I agree with those people who told you that you need to talk to someone who really do know how to help you. Talking to someone who you really don't know and who know what you are going through can actually make you feel much better. But unfortunately, I do know a lot of people who never could overcome it. They just for some reason didn't want to have help from specifically person, and they made nothing in their life. But also, I agree that time heals everything - but with some good help and someone who knows how to talk, it can be quicker. 

hi! I had huge problem with this as well. One day, my so - called friends started to tell me that I am selfish, that I think just about myself, etc. That is not true, because I was always there for my friends, helping them and I was with them all the time. But then, I found this quote - “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time”.

So I have decided to change completely and I start to think about myself. They were telling me that I am like this, so I listened to them. My advice is that you should stop trying to help someone and don't pretend that you are not something that you are. People will love you more. I know from my own experience.