Ok, so I'll start from the beginning shall I?

About 3ish years ago one day I remember I started to feel mild chest aching, Of course I feared the worst but I let it go, the next day I was feeling tingling down my arm and slight dizziness so I was like right, off to the hospital I go.

The pain is located in the middle of my chest around my heart and also sometimes lower Sternum.

I get there, they do an ECG, Blood Pressure, Blood Test, Chest X-Ray and general just feeling and listening around the chest. All of them came back negative, they said it was not a heart attack(he said the tingling was probably my anxiety mimicking heart attack symptoms) and it was not a chest infection. He asked me if it hurts more when I push on my chest and I said yes and he said it could be some fluid around the heart, only a small enough amount that some Ibuprofen would get rid of it or it would have shown up in the X-Ray or it could be musculoskeletal but he didn't seem too concerned.

He prescribed me some Ibuprofen and sent me on my way, I took the Ibuprofen and for that week or so I was fine, but a week or so after that it came back and it hasn't gone away since, now this isn't pain like ARGH, it's a very stand able and and mild pain, but it is constantly there and I can constantly feel this mild dull ache and sometimes it gets down right annoying.

It seems to tense up and hurt more when I am exercising after a while too.

Onto the popping thing, this is a fairly recent thing I've noticed, sometimes I say put my arms out forward stretching and sort of pulling my chest in and then if I bend over forward my chest makes a big popping sound, it doesn't hurt I just hear it and can feel the pop feeling around my chest like as in a vibration, it doesn't happen all the time though, just occasionally, randomly.

So yeah, that's my story, anyone have the same or similar?

Sound like something someone knows about?

Any help would be appreciated, Daniel.

I too have a popping sound in the middle of my chest that occurs occassionally when i stretch my chest out...I wonder if it is a broken bone that never healed properly  from an accident i had falling off a ladder  years ago...?

I can't be sure about you but I have never injured my chest so it is definitely not a broken bone for me.

Hi

I have a similar problem, although I wouldnt describe it as a popping, more of a click. I find that when I feel this pain, I have to kind of twist my body or by head (as if looking over my right shoulder). When I do this movement and the "click" happens, I feel more relaxed and not so stiff that the pain has gone.

My doctor thinks that this is not heart related but muculoskeletal. Also said there is nothing that can be done about it and that it should heal. It's coming up to 2 years soon and I still have it although it comes and goes. On average I would feel the pain once every 4-5 days.

I have never had any chest injury but I read a local London daily paper today which gave mention to this disorder, and it could also relate to posture and the way we sit. Sitting down in front of a computer at work and then again at home is not good (obvious I guess), but this may have something to do with my problem as i am always sitting down. Need to move more often.

I started to have clicking sound about a month ago then about 2 weeks ago instead of clicking sound it turned to more of a popping sound. I don't have any pain any other heart problem. I only have slightly escalated cholestrol. I am 42 year old and average health ... no exercise ... work alcholic and sitting on the computer 12 hours a day. Today I went to the doctor and after checking everything he thought let's do X-Ray to make sure that it is not lungs. Other than that he asked me to record on phone so that he can hear it. He also suggested that when I hear clicking sound then I should feel my pulse and try to figure out if clicking and my pulse are in sync. Just wanted to sure my experience.