Last week I had an unpleasant sensation in my lower abdomen and I went to see a doctor who told me that it was hernia. I must say I was relieved since I thought it could be something more serious. The doctor’s opinion is that surgery isn’t necessary at the time being and that I don’t have to change my lifestyle drastically. I’m still concerned how to cycle with hernia. Anybody with the same problem here?

You shouldn’t worry at all. If your doctor says you don’t need a surgery that means you’re in a good condition. Moderate exercising and not forcing and exhausting yourself too much will not deteriorate your health and prompt complications. You should regularly go to medical check-ups and everything will be fine. Just avoid lifting heavy things and strenuous exercising. When it comes to cycling, you know the intensity that is suitable for you and don’t push yourself too hard. Many people lead completely normal lives despite of hernia. It’s normal if you feel a mild pain from time to time, and don’t get upset too much. Just take care and don’t give up cycling.