I was very surprised when I was diagnosed with hernia one week ago. The thing is that I am 11 weeks pregnant. I would like to know more about this condition because it makes me nervous not knowing anything. Thanks

A femoral hernia is a loop of intestine, or another part of the abdominal contents, that has been forced out of the abdomen through a femoral canal. This is a tube-shaped passage at the top of the front of the thigh and it is usually only the size of a grape. If left untreated, a femoral hernia can cause serious medical problems, even if there are no symptoms. Treatment consists of an operation to return the herniated intestine to its proper place and close the weakness in the abdominal wall. Hernias tend to occur in older people. Also, it appears that pregnancy can weaken the abdominal tissues. This makes femoral hernias more common in women who have had one or more pregnancies. A femoral hernia causes a grape-sized lump in the groin. However, this is not always easily noticeable. Once it has formed it is important to seek a doctor's advice. Because they have a high risk of becoming strangulated all femoral hernias need to be treated surgically.

I am 6 months pregnant and this is my first pregnancy.
I had a femoral hernia treated with the mesh 8 years ago. The treated area has not really bothered me since then other than getting a bikini wax and the odd yoga stretch which strains. Now that I am 27 weeks pregnant I am really starting to feel a sense of pulling there when I laugh and after a long day on my feet.
I'm told that will continue so I should take it easy.

I have the same problem and I'm scared. What ever happens to you? We're you ok? I just found out I have a femoral hernia and also just found out I'm pregnant. Did everything turn out ok?