my 2 weeks old baby hasn't had a bowel movement in 48 hr. her bowel movement has been slowly decreasing for about a week from 3 a day to nothing in 48hr; her pediatrician advised us to use a suppository which was painful to do. but it worked that nite. She went but hasn't been since then. She is also gassy and streaning when passing gas. Looking at her face i can tell that she is in pain while trying to push something out, and most of the time it's only gas stinking too. She is half breastfed and half taking Similac sensitive.
has any of you had this problem? please help

My sister’s children were very problematic while they were babies. Bowel movements problems were on the top of the list. Whatever you are trying to do don’t forget to massage the tummy. I know it sounds ridiculous but my sister swear that this has helped more than anything else.  All the medications and remedies didn’t help that much but this is what she says. And after all every child is different so don’t listen folk tales but try to figure out what your child needs and wants and what does help her.

Hopefully by now you have resolved your problems and your child is just fine. Let us know what was the magic recipe and how is your girl now. 

Pear, prune, peach, apricot, grape, grapefruit
Reduce dairy
Increase vegetables
Exercise - not gymnastics, just walking more

And if they still need a "chemical crutch" to ensure they're doing a doo everyday, sorry but suppositories are the safest and quickest option