My son is 4 months old, and he has been having issues having regular bowel movements. He has never went longer than 4 days, but everyone is telling me that a baby should atleast go every 2. At first he was in alot of pain, and then his peditrician recommended changing formula. Well, it worked as far as he isnt in so much pain, but the bowel movement frequency has stayed the same. We had xrays done on him, and the peditrican told us everything was fine. He does not have soft poop, when he goes it is usually formed, followed by some soft. I was told a 4 month old babys poop should not be formed at all, so I find it hard to believe nothing is wrong. I have tried bicycle legs, prune juice, kayro syrup and sapositories (sp?) and its remaining the same. Is this something I should be concerend about since his poop is somewhat formed? Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks...

Hi! I understand your concern but i read that babies' bowel habits are as individual as they are, and over time you'll get to know your baby's routine. As for the color of the bowel, as long as there isn't blood in the stool, any color is normal. Do you breastfeed your baby? A formula-fed baby's stool is a little bit firmer than a breastfed baby's. Is it harder than the consistency of peanut butter? If not, everything is fine. Take care.