Hi! i really need an answer urgently to this question and would be really glad if i could get one as soon as possible. i have a 10 wk old and i supplement with formuula once or twice a day and then breastmilk for the rest of the day. i m concerned that she hasnt had a bowel movement for six days now, though she passes a lot of gas . is she constipated and if yes, what can i do ?

She's definitely constipated. That's really not normal.

Take her to a doctor. See what's up with her. He may prescribe you to give her pear or prune juice to help push things along.

Constipation has to do with consistancy, not frequency.

Hallo,
You have to know that infants sometimes have a hard time to get used to digestion of food and they often have problems with constipations. This is not rare thing to happen. I am not sure what is the best option to get rid of this problem but I think that you should consult your doctor if you are able to give your baby any laxatives. Also have you noticed any gases from your baby? Is her stomach bloated during these several days? You need to be careful because she can be in a lot of pain because of the cramps and gasses. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best to you,
Karen