I'll try and make this as short as possible. I have a great sex life with my girl, but sometimes we go too long and hard at it and at some point I rubbed a frictional type burn on the right side of my penis, just under the head on the shaft. It doesn't bleed, but just looks sort of raw if that makes sense?
This was several months ago and I've been to the Doctor about it, been tested for all STD's as well as used cream just in case it was candida, or other fungus. Every time we have sex, it's like the skin that has healed over it is thinner, so it's so easy to re injure. I actually got out of the shower once and pulled the skin and head apart a little to dry the area with my towel and it split, a small red line that didn't bleed, but still????AAARGH!!! The frustration!!!
So, I finally told my GF we had to stop for a while and see if it would heal. In the period of about a month, we basically had no sex, I may have slipped up and masturbated a few times, but for the most part it did heal a little better. After a month we started back with condoms and lube. The sex wasn't any where near rough, usually over and done quickly and although I could feel the area while having sex, the skin didn't break. This past weekend we got drunk and you can guess it, even with a rubber on I went to hard at it and the skin split again and was rubbed raw. Not like in the beginning, but when peroxide was applied it bubbled which told me the skin had indeed split again.
I'm so totally bummed about this. All I want is my sex life back and it seems like I have a problem that no one can relate to. has anyone ever had a similar problem? I'm circumsized, and this just developed from sex. I would appreciate any advice you might have, or products that might have helped it heal?

Thanks,

wOOkie
:-(

Antibiotic cream will help your wound heal a lot faster, even if you don't have an infection.

Identical condition--could have written this myself. Please post if you have any solutions. Best Ive come up with is talcum powder--but doesnt really cure it. just keeps the skin a little softer without becoming greasy.

Amen. I thought I was the only one. It just happened one time after sex. I for sure though that I had been cheated on and got an STI but I trust my baby.
It reoccurs everytime we have sex, even head. It happens most often during doggy style. I think because the coefficient of friction on the sensitive spot is more prominant. Anti Biotic cream you say?

K so i see this was posted a year ago, but I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM! I need relief immediately... it is driving me nuts.. what did any of you do to finally alow it to heal?

I have used the antibiotic cream and all of that, and while i have new skin that has healed over it, it is still not the same color.... please someone post something asap so I can get rid of this problem
\

These are really bad answers.

Here's a good one.

Do NOT use any antibiotic, because unless your bleeding (and you said no) there's no indication for infection therefore no need or help from antibiotic creams.

The antidote: take some time off and dont irritate the area. Put a thin veil of lube on it so it doesnt get rubbed by underwear however its best to get fresh air.

Theres no magical lotion to cure it except time. Good luck. Happens all the time.

I also have this problem.

When I have sex with my girl (which happens a lot) it tends to last quite a while and I go at it quite hard lol.

I found that warm salty water helps a bit along with some fresh air for you little friend o.O

I have an allergy to some condoms so I'm not sure if lube or whatever would help.

It's a total pain in the bum (excuse the pun) and someone should invent a cure for this!!!

I was told by my doctor to use hydro cortisone cream to help kill off the redness...it makes the redness turn dark (until it goes away entirely)...but it actually seems to do the trick...I haven`t had to stop having sex, but I have had to use a condom and lube to make sure I do not effect the already effected area, again and again...hope this helps

I'm in the same boat. Doctor says it's just a irritation from sex. I have been using vaseline to keep it hydrated, but over weeks, it didn't improve it, just stopped it from any further damage. I'm now starting to use Aloe Vera, 99.9% pure, so let's see how this turns out. Soothing none the less.

I have the same problem, i stopped having sex for 2 1/2 months, and still it did not heal all the way, i have had about a nickel to quarter size friction burn on the left side for about 3 and a half months, the middle has healed over but is still very thin and not back to the same color, the outer edges have not totally healed yet, it would be nice to know about something to put on it that would help it heal and regain its thickness so it doesnt reinjure everytime you try to have sex. Nice to see other people have experienced this, i have felt very alone about this for months now, it has really affected me and my wifes sex life.  Hope someone can find a good way to take care of this problem.

Found a cure that works for me.

"Aqueous Cream Bp"

It's basically a very gentle soap that has no rubbish in it. It's not made to foam up or smell nice (no smell at all), it's just made to clean and moisturize. It was recommended to me by a sexual health specialist after I sought treatment. It's cheap too.

I just use it in the shower every day to clean my private parts and if I've had a hard night of making love I leave some on for during the day as a sort of repair cream!

Pretty chuffed that it's all better now.

ps. If you don't have a lady to satisfy your needs and are only left with your faithful hand....use Vaseline.

Good luck.

Ugh...I am having the same problem.  Had sex with the girlfriend, unprotected as per usual.  Irritated red skin resulting in peeling on the shaft just underneath the glans (head).  Saw a dermatologist who had never seen it before, said it was not an infection, and he told me to use 1% hydrocortisone cream/ointment for about 2 weeks or up to a month. 

I stopped using it b/c I heard it thins the skin and causes discoloration.  I noticed my shaft skin was turning lighter/more pink and it was more sensitive and shinier.  

Now, it has been nearly 3 weeks and my shaft is STILL lighter/pinker in color.  It is still very sensitive and I cannot even masturbate.  I've had friction burn before and it usually goes away after 3-4 days of using Neosporin. 

This is something different, and I'm reading posts like this online and what's scary is that doctors keep dismissing this as nothing.  

Any help is great appreciated!!

I have had this for close to a month now, sort of allowed healing for about a week, had not so rough sex, the blisters came back. Maybe the healing had not been 100% yet. I think I got mine from dry sex cant remember much though. It could be the vaseline with aloe vera that i used once since  it was winter, it gets absorbed by the skin and it might have had thinning qualities. I am trying the hardcore solution, i am black so the colour is not really a bother. I put vaseline on the tender skin, pull back the foreskin and leave it to absorb as much air as possible, this will make sure the wound areas are dry and heal faster also thickening the skin in the process to prevent recurrence.

One thing I have also noted, Vaseline is good but if you are not circumcised like me and happen to put it on skin that is not exposed to air or close the glans with vaseline then you are in for problems, the vaseline will bond with the skin and when you bath you have to wash extra hard to remove it then you re-open the wound again. Rather leave it exposed to the elements, it can be painful at first and the glans might fight back by swelling but it ensures the burns are completely healed and skin restored. Its annoying and because of this I have had to have a record breaking 6 sex sessions in a month but revenge will come *yawn*

I am so glad to read that other guys have had this problem! However, I am a girl and was worried when this happened to my boyfriend. I had gone out of town for the weekend, we had had some pretty rough sex before I had left. When I returned my boyfriend and I were in bed, I reached down and grabbed his penis lol, instantly I knew there was something different, it was scaly feeling. I then asked him to turn on the light and in looking at it, it was quite red and irritated looking. I of course then questioned what he was up to the past weekend because I've been in many relationships where guys weren't faithful! He swore up and down he didn't cheat on me. I was worried it was some kind of std or something. It cleared up in a few days, we did have sex once but it wasn't rough and within 5 days it was gone. This was very re-assuring for me to read and I now 100% believe that he's not cheating. Thanks guys! xo ;-)