Firstly, I just want to say, I really bad want to quit, sometimes I wake up at night and start crying because I want to quit so bad and feels so stupid that I can't go one day without it... Now where can I start? Well, I have been smoking non stop for about 7-8 years straight now. Recently, I have felt I can sort of control it and sometimes I just run to it. At first I used to just smoke with friends. Then I used to drink a lot. I would smoke weed for a week then drink for a week. I found when I drank, I used to do stupid things. Weed has kept me on a straight road and I think I would of been in prison or something bad. Without weed I will beocme very agitated and aggresive. I have a boxing bag but it's hard to go on it when I smoke weed and cigs. I have controlled my cigs to a max 4 a day. But I have at least 1 spliff a day. I smoked when my granma was ill and passed away and I felt it helped me but really it just blocked all emotions out. And I been through a lot with my ex. I would spend every penny on weed even though I knew we needed it. But I didn't care at the time. But eventually things didn't work out with my ex. This was like in October 2010. Then I would wake up and just smoke straight away to forget about everything. Then I just didn't know what to do. I was stuck. Then on Decemeber 1st my Dad said to me, you want a job? I said yeah and I just got my head down all of a sudden and started working. My ex phoned me when I was at work and that night I changed my number. Now, I have money and buying a new car soon as it is on order. I am doing a million times better than I ever achieved in my life. I found out that all this came with experience in life. But all I say is, to everyone that done me over and my ex, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be strong and better off now so thanks anyways. But anyways, during working with my Dad I used to go to work for 7:30am, have a cig on break and lunch and one when i get home then 1 spliff. sometimes half a spliff then half or the next day. 10 pound would last me 4 days nearly lmao. If I can get through the first hours of the day without smoking weed then I can last till about 4-5pm. But I am really stuck here people, I need some serious help. I always kept saying no, it will be ok but it is not ok because I can't seem to stop. I feel like I need it. I got to about 9pm once and thought I'll have 2 hits. Nearly finished the spliff. I just can't seem to do it. I am scared. I need to talk to someone because I don't know where to turn to. I feel I am in a better controlled frame of mind when I am high. When I am sober, I feel I go crazy and things seem blury and my mind is just lose. But is that just me? Have I lost touch with who I really am? I want to go at least 1 day without smoking weed or cigs then I don't mind if I smoke another day. Maybe I will try. But everytime I think about it, it just makes me feel crazy like no way, that is not possible. Sometimes I really love weed and mostly I hate it. I even go on my bike to the shop, buy cigs, come home and smoke a cig. I mean that is just so stupid. I need a way to try and slow down with the weed then I can just forget about it. I might start boxing again. So if anyone can help me or suggest things to help then please at all means contact me. Everything is perfect except cigs and weed. That would cut my expences to nearly 0. It's the only thing holding me back. Thanks for taking time to read if anyone does :-(

yes it does sound like you are addicted, and you might not be able to quit on your own, if you really want to quit, you may need to go to rehab and to support groups to help you.  you have been on it for a very long time, it will be hard to quit on your own. Seek treatment.

Hey, man. Thanks firstly for taking time and replying to my post. After I typed this, I felt so mashed and trippy. I think there is something else in this weed. I had like a 2 hour conversation with my mum. Yes, I have thought about rehab and group sessions. Well, I am trying today to go without weed. I have only been smoking cigs to try and keep me calm. It is 1pm and I would of smoked like 2 by now. But I have been keeping myself busy with gardening and stuff. I really do want to roll up but then I don't. So I am just seeing how today goes and I go without smoking weed, I will post a reply on here and how I feel. Thanks again for reading.

You have an addictive response to whatever you take so I would advise deciding what drug you want to be addicted to because any drug that help you likely has side effects. As for your situation now, I would go to the local ER and say you are cannabis toxic. See what they do.

BriHugWag3 months ago

Dude ive read a alot of the post on this site and it seems your name has popped up in a few of them and every time your a f*****g a** hole either try to help or say nuthing sounds like you have a problem of your own!

Get the idea of quitting out of your head
Moderation
Moderation is what you need for your weed problem its obviously done great things for you and just because it may have a few bad effects just means you need to be extra cautious!:)