I believe that I have the same problem like a lot of pet owners. When I go to the pet shop, I spend a lot of hours trying to find a food that is best for my dog. Well, for me, choosing the best small breed dog foods is like a mission impossible and sometimes I really don’t know what to pick up and how. What is the best choice? I know that, when it comes to nutrition, dogs are just like we. Sometimes, choosing the right food is a really hard thing to do.

What do you think?

Small breed dog goods and canned food choices – what is your choice?

I have the same problem. I mean, the biggest problem for me is when there is a new food on the shelves in the pet shops. Personally, I choose Purina pro plan, because it has all the nutrition that my dog needs, and they have one choice – to be the best, they want to help our pets to be energetic, while maintain an ideal body weight, health and condition. I like it because it is high in protein, and it has all the ingredients that my dog needs. It is really rich in antioxidants and this will help my pet developing immune system. 

Hi there. 

Well I don’t have a small breed dog. I actually don’t have a dog at all, but my sister has a lab and he is practically living with me because she lives in a house next to mine.

When I was to the pet shop for the first time to buy him food, the seller confused me with this girl that has a Pekingese, and I remember she told me that the best food for the small breed dogs is PEDIGREE SMALL BREED. It was a long time ago, but I  think I got the name right. Hope this helps. :)

Hi. I have a dalmatian but I know many people who have small breed dogs. I’ve noticed they are all using Wellness Core. There is a small breed formula. It does not contain grain. It is formulated with high quality protein.

I think that all the ingredients are gluten free. It even consists probiotics, botanicals, glucosamine and antioxidants.

It is supposed to be very delicious. My friend’s dog has always been very picky when it comes to food and he loves it. So I suppose that not only is it healthy, it’s delicious too.

And it’s not one of those foods which you can give to your pet once in a week, it is meant for everyday feeding.

I am impressed how much valuable information someone can read on these pages. Great job, guys.

About dog foods, I think that Pedigree isn’t as good as it should be. There is only a hype about it because of aggressive marketing campaing. Two of my dogs stopped eating their canned food and I switched to the Purina pro plan (also mentioned in second post). So, I can support the claims of this poster that Purina’s food is great choice for your puppy.

You won’t have trouble finding it. Every supermarket or pet shop has it. As for amount of food, you can check it with your vet. 

I know that my sister is really satisfied with blue buffalo small breed canned dog food, it is actually chicken dinner recipe. Her dog is a girl, Ariel, really loves chicken, so she found this food and she is satisfied. The only problem is because she can’t find it at every pet shop, she really needs to try really hard, but she always buy it on the internet. It is really natural, healthy, high – quality protein and it has healthy garden veggies and nutrition fruit. I don’t know, if you have any option to get this, you should try it. 

I don’t have a dog, but I am really interested in buy one. I did some research actually a few days ago, and I found out that small bred dogs require the right balance of proteins and fats, because they need to keep up their energy levels. So, according to this, I found that Nutro offers all that your dog needs, because it contains real chicken, whole brown rice and oat meal. Of course, it has all other natural antioxidant support. I also read that this will guarantee a healthy skin, soft skin with omega 6 fat acid, B vitamins to help small dogs to look good and to feel healthy.

What do you think, is Nutro good choice? 

Hi, guys.

I have a corgi that is always hungry. He eats more times per day than me. And I’m still much bigger. :) 

But, I take care that he never gets over 30 pounds.

His meals consist of mixture of ¼ canned and ¾ dry foods. For canned food, my choice is “Nutro ULTRA™ Canned Dog Foods for Adult Dogs”. We are using it for the last nine months and we are very satisfied, so won’t change it in the near future. We got recommendation from our vet for this brand and I must say that ingredient list is very rich as it contains over 50 foods and supplements. 

My first dog, that I had almost 10 years ago, just wanted to eat Acana food. It was dry dog food, but I just can’t find it almost nowhere in the pet shops. At all. I remember that there was a lot of ingredients, I will try to remember most of them. Here it goes: chicken meal, steel oats, whole potato, chicken fat, whole egg, sun cured alfalfa, chicken liver, pea fiber, whole apples, herring oil, pars, pumpkin, juniper berries, angelica rot, vitamin A, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, zinc protein, iron protein, selenium, etc. Of course, I couldn’t remember all of it, I know that there are more ingredients.

Can you find this food somewhere? 

Hi all. I have a female maltese/toy poodle mix . She is three years old and she has approximately 15 pounds. And I also have a male shih tzu, he is 6 years old.
They are both very picky when it comes to food. I’ve always struggled to find them the food that they both like. But about a year ago I realized that’s just impossible and I gave up.
Since then I’ve been buying different foods for both of them. Kia (maltese/ toy poodle) loves Wellness, and it is also my personal favorite, while Lucky likes Canine Caviar. I’d recommend both of them.