We have not been able to see a specialist yet for my daughters baby who can not see at all. He is 5 1/2 months old. She is covered by Med-i-Cal and the appointment to see the eye specialist is taking forever. Does anyone have any similar experience with this. He hears and appears to be developing on track other than the problem with his eyes. The only other thing that I noticed that seems a little abnormal, is that when you try to sit him up, his head flops forward and it is very flat in the back. :-( I have not been able to find any information on the internet as to what might be the cause. Let us know what you think!

T.K. in CA

I have a baby boy who is six months old, and does not appear to see. He does not make eye contact or look at toys/grab toys etc. I too am waiting for him to see an opthamologist. Coincidently, his head flops forward as well, and is flat in the back. Have you found any answer yet? I wish your grandson well.

Walk into the doctors office and demand your child be seen. I have always done that and they have to let you in. Tell them you wish to have your child looked at before it is too late. I myself cannot bear my child not to see because a doctor did not have time .

mabyes hes blind do u have any history of blindness in your history?

you may want to consider autisum my 11 year old never made eye contact and did not seem to follow toys when he was a baby and we finally discoved that he has autisum.