I was 11 years old ,my mother away giving birth to  my fith sibling,my father started to abuse me for the next 5 yes.then I was afraid he'd start on my wee sister,so I told my mother who I had tried not to hurt before this .She told me it was nothing to do with her ,and threatened me never to tell a soul.She was a very dominant person so I didn't.I the last few months of his life  it became  obvious to me  my siblings  also had been abused.I thought my abuse protected them. How I wish I had reported him .I can't even go to his grave .I feel such repulse. Don't be like me  ,tell someone..

Hi cackle It is never easy living life after being abused, especially a father figure whom a child trusts explicitly - mental and physical trauma visit the abused person often during her lifetime. However there are good people around and one must learn to trust and survive in this world. I am sure you have trusted friends who mean well, try talking things over and ally your fears. Try taking up a hobby which can divert your mind towards something creative. Progress will be gradual, if you do not give up hopes of a better life and trust. Take care. Love and light