Please help me!!!I was sexual abused by my older sibling when I was 7 years old (my sibling was 13) ,when I was 7 I thought that it was a game and that I trusted my older sibling I went along with, the sexual abuse only last for short while and then my sibling said how sorry for doing it and that it would never ever happen again,my sibling never did it again and as time went by I forgot it,and then when I was 12 my family had big row over another family secret, things where thrown about, shouting and then my mum ran out of the house with me and my sibling,then afterwards we moved away and then I found out that my father committed suicide shortly after the big row.I had nightmares for months and found it hard to move on.Now I'm 15 and I've now got severe anxiety and depression and it keeps on digging up these terrible moments of my life back, I feel really messed up my emotions are all the time worried,anger, anxious and depression.I don't what to do about the sexual abuse since my mum doesn't know a about and neither does my other older siblings ,but after two years I found out that the row back then was about that my father had sexual abuse THE sibling that had sexual abused me!!!But the sibling that had abused me as helped me out many a time and as become a better person !!!! .The emotions that I'm feeling towards my father are anger,hate and towards my sibling are anger for what happen to me and yet sadness for what to siblings past life!!!???Should I tell my mother what happen to me but it could cause another family scar,or confront my sibling talk about it,or forgive my sibling because I still care about my sibling!!??And if I tell my family about what happen to me it could breakdown my mum and could have my sibling hated and thrown out of the house which don't want that happening.Plus one of my other older siblings is getting married soon and this could ruin the wedding!!!.Please help me really I don't know what to do :'( .

I'm sorry to hear of your abuse and the trauma that this has caused in your life.

I can't hope to fully understand the pressures and conflicts that you're feeling over this and other family tensions.

I would recommend that you seek out professional counseling, so that you can unburden yourself to them, and clarify what and why you feel the ways you do.   I can't advise you on what to do, but a professional who listens well and understand the issues may be able to help you choose what to do.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

i no how you are feeling i was sexaully abused by my dad untill i was 23.i was scared and alone and was frightened to say something as i thought everyone would hate me and think its my fault.my dads since died and i no longer talk to all of my family as thay found out and didnt beleave me.i wish i had told a teacher and not felt the guilt when i was young.you have to rememeber one thing what your sibling did was very wrong and iam sure thay are sorry but its abit to late for that when you are feeling as low as you are.please tell someone.maybe start by telling a doctor because thay will get you professional help and noone needs to no.. i no you dont want to but you will sink into deeper depression.i did iam still on antidepressents even now but at least i dont feel ashamed anymore .. iam so sorry you havent noone close to talk to wish i could help you more.stay safe A FRIEND x

tracyi23 you've described the same feelings that I've got,I feel that if I tell my family they might not believe me and say that I'm making it up ,since the sibling that abused me is the family favorite :-) .I was thinking of telling my grandma but I don't know how she'll react to this? and Thanks for listening and for the advice tracyi23 and Kevin B.