Users comments and reviews on article Beauty from the ashes: Abuse by keekee

It started when I was five, I was sexually abused. Looking back at that it sicken's me. I did isolate myself, and stayed away from home till dark. I didnt have anyone to talk to; this man had me scared to tell anyone. Then minipulated my mother into thinking it was all a lie. My mother choose him over me , so I had to move with my father.
In High School, I was raped by a friend. Got married at seventeen, and had a child. Time after time that man emotionally and physically abused me. My second marriage was all emotional abuse. During this time my three year old daughter was killed.
Im in my thired marriage, he's a angel sent to me. He's been helping me heal and understand love and trust. I have these dreams that feels so real; I dream that my husband is masterbating when I sleep. I wake up and ridicule him and that starts up a arrgument.It feels so real. Why does this happen? If any suggestions let me know.

tamylynn I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad about it but it sounds to me like in your third marriage that you're worried about your husband being like your dad, since you have such a bad history with men and sex. Have you gotten any therapy for it? I would highly recommend it. It is very helpful and insightful!

hello, you know my dad was the best man next to my husband I had ever met. My dad was great and I miss him dearly. I am now trying to get help for my children and I. I really hope it works out. Thanks for responding.

That is really great to hear! What kind of help are you seeking out? I think that's great to hear just because I know a lot of people don't do it and I'm glad to hear that you had a good relationship with your dad and that you have a good one with your husband too. I think that I misread your initial post into thinking that your dad was the one who did this to you and not a stepfather or something. I apologize for not reading more carefully.