Hello. I am turning 16 in a few weeks and I am wondering if it is normal for me to still not be completely able to retract my foreskin. It isn't a simple case of me not being able to retract my foreskin however as the hole is big enough (I think) to fit the head of my penis through. It is more of the fact that a part for my foreskin is fused to the head of my penis. Please help.

Hi Guest,

By about 16 most males should be able to fully retract their foreskin.  It does separate, the foreskin from the glans normally, just by normal activities such as getting an erection and masturbation.

You can give it some more time OR see a urologist.  A urologist is your best resource in this matter - over your regular doctor - as this is what THEY specialize in.  They can examine your penis and if there is a problem they can help separate the skin.

We aren't talking circumcision here.  Just separating the glans from the foreskin.

Trying to forcefully separate it can leave a scar.

It happens to a lot of guys so you aren't alone.  Hope it helps.

Thank you so much for the fast reply. This really does help.