Hi all, I've had Phimosis since I was younger which was gradually got a lot better, and I can now fully retract over the 'phimotic ring' when flaccid.

Problem is, the head doesn't fully expose - the foreskin seems fused to to the head about 1cm or more from the base of the head (all the way around the penis, a lot tigher , so it doesn't retract fully or stay retracted. I went to the doctors about this and I requested steroid cream to help, he didn't know it could be used as a treatment but after looking online he prescribed me some.

Any ideas if the cream will help, and any other suggestions?

Hi guided,

May I ask how old are you?

Thanks for your reply, I'm 21 - had this issue for years

Hi again guided,

The steroid cream should help. Unless told differently by your doctor you normally look at applying it to the foreskin about 3 times per day for about a month and continue with the stretching exercises.

I found a good stretching technique is to pull the foreskin back as far as you can before feeling any pain, and then return it. Start again, but this time try to go a little bit further. Repeat as long as you can be bothered. Its usually easier to do this in the bath or the shower as it softens the skin.

You should be careful though to not force your foreskin anywhere. There is a chance that it could get trapped behind the glans, paraphimosis. If this happens you should squeeze your glans and pull the foreskin back into place before swelling makes it impossible and a trip to A&E is required. Not something to worry about, just something to be aware of; if your careful and don't force it anywhere you should be ok.

Hope thats helped a bit, anything I've missed or any questions let me know :-)

Thanks for your reply :-)

I was just concerned that the cream only helps 'loosen' skin and not basically seperate the foreskin and the glans, I am using the cream 3 times a day now so hopefully I'll notice a difference. Another thing as well is that I cannot see my frenulum at all - I think it may be under the fused skin :/