me and my husband been trying to have a baby for almost a year now no luck, and he was married before me twice with no kids, im his 3rd wife and he's been on these medications for years now as he told me so im wondering if it has anything to do with pregnancy and what are these medications for since he refuse to tell me about it and he gets very upset and angry if i ask

Lexapro 20mg

dextroamp-ampheter 30mg

divalproex 500mg

seroquel 100mg

There is more and more research that is showing that Anti Depressants, Anti Seizure and Bi-Polar Medications can significantly decrease sperm in a mans ejaculate ALSO cause damage to the sperms DNA! I would suspect this is why he has had problems! Your husband is on Manic Depressive Medication, Anti Convulsion, Bio-Polar, And also a stimulant - probably to counter attack the lethargy from the others!

IF he is severely ill with these problems there will be no way of him going off of them - to give his body a chance! You will both need to see a fertility specialist to see what can be done! Most fertility specialists give couples 1 year of trying, before they will intervene! So you have already gone through that stage! He will need a sperm test - to see what/if there is any damage or lack of sperm! From what it sounds like - with his anger about even telling you the meds - this could be hard for him to do! As it is HARD for men to be on anti-depressants and he will probably feel VERY "unmanly" about not being able to have children! There's obviously a LOT going on with your husband, and he can't avoid talking about it! OR receiving help for EVERYTHING! I wish you both ALL the luck and health!

first of all i can't thank you enough for explaning all this to me, i own you one for sure, well i have a 5 year old from my 1st marriage and i even went to my obgyn last month just to make sure again and she said it looks good but its him who needs to be checked but he won't go i even made the appointment for him couple of times but he won't , one time he said to me " i don't know what i would do if the dr told me i can't have kids" my husband loves kids and i feel so bad, even when we have sex he can't have sex everyday we tired but he has a hard time coming, so we do every other day and i can tell he still has a hard time coming, but he won't talk to me about it i try but he gets upset

first of all thank you so much for explaning all this to me, i own you one for sure, i have a 5 year old from my 1st marriage and i even went to my obgyn last month to make sure once again that everything with me is good and thank God it is, my dr keeps telling me that my husband needs to be checked but he won't go i made him appointments couple of times but he won't go, he said to me " i don't know what i would do if the dr tells me that i can't have kids" and that breaks my heart because he loves kids so much, i try to talk to him about it but he gets so upset, we used to have sex everyday but he had a hard time coming, so now its everyother day and i can still see that he has a hard time coming and i think he really needs to be checked

It's not that he CANT have children it is that the MEDS are impeding him having children! IF the doctors can figure out how strong his sperm are, then they can start looking at ways to either wean your husband off all of these meds - because the way I see it some of them are duplicating the job! Or just changing them down to perhaps 1 med that can cover ALL the symptoms - due to the fact he has been on them for SO long, I am sure there will be something new! And he will need more and more to cover his attacks! Tell him there IS hope and that he just needs to be checked out! You both need to know what is going on, and this will then shed a light on your next step! Also antidepressents and seizure medications can actually cause sexual problems such as length of time, ejaculating etc! So I am SURE this ALL adds up with him too! Tell him how good he will feel if there is not only more help for his mental illness but also for his sexual problems!!!

i agree with you totally, i will work on this and do my best, thank you so much for your time :-)