I have been cycling for a while. My brother is also a cyclist. He has a heart Rate monitor on his bike. He keeps saying that it is very important. Supposedly you have to pay close attention to it in order to keep your heart rate in the “zone” to get maximum benefits from cycling. What do you think about Heart Rate monitor while cycling?

Heart rate monitor can be useful tool to help you keep your pace and is available either as standard equipment or as additional gear. If you have been cycling for a while than you already know your best tempo and speed. You can buy a heart rate monitor if you like numbers and accuracy, but cyclists have been cycling for years and decades without it. They were healthy, fit and capable of achieving top results. While it can be helpful tool, it is not a necessity for an experienced rider. Whether you are going to buy it or not is entirely up to you.