My husband was addicted to lortab before a lumbar fusion then was put on ultram and soma going through a month supply in days. We have been married 8 years and have 4 kids. He was told about the methadone clinic in town and has been going there for 3 years, it has affected every part of our lives our marriage, sex life non exsistent, financially, has affected his job where he wasnt employed for over a year. I am wanting to get out of this marriage, I feel like I have a roommate and not a husband. I have confronted his about getting off the methadone or tappering down but he gets mad and defense about it. I need to know can he change? I know he has to want to change. I feel angry, resentment and hate at times, should I leave?

Pleasehelpme

if your husband has been on methodone for three years he is now addicted to it, just as he was addicted to the lortab. Methodone is an opiate blocker, but just as dangerous if not more than heroine. If he is not willing to stop using drugs you shpuld consider leaving him. It is not fair to you or your children.