For the past few days I've had a painful sore in my mouth. It is located on the right side, towards the back, and just below the last tooth on that side. It appears to be small and red. The lymph node on the right side of my jaw is also swollen.

I've been using Anbesol with nominal effect. I feel a little relief, but there is still pain. What do I have, and what do I need to use to heal it.

Below is an illustration (fished off Google) of where the sore is located.

Sounds like you have an infection. I say this because of the swollen node.
Looks like it's in the area of your Wisdom tooth. (or are they gone)
I would suggest you see your Dentist. If you have an infection, you wouldn't want it to get into your system, you could get very sick from that.
Maybe you can ask your Dentist over the phone. Some will refer to the symptoms that you describe and call you in a script, like penicillian or erythromicyn. He would probably schedule you for an exam but would allow the meds over the phone for comfort.

I just swished some peroxide around in mouth and when I went to apply the anbesol I saw what appeared to white mucous streaming from the sore. Is that the peroxide I'm seeing, or is it an excretion?

Probably peroxide, have you ever put peroxide on a sore and saw it bubble up? That's what it's probably doing in your mouth. If it lasts much longer, I would get it checked out.

I am having this same exact thing except on my left side! I do have my wisdom teeth still. Did you ever find out what was wrong! this is getting pretty painful!