Im a 16 year old boy and my parents make me go to bed at 8 on weekdays. I think this is very unfair. I spend most of my nights just sitting there staring at my ceiling until midnight or sometimes even later when i can fall asleep. I cant even do anything because they take my phone and my laptop away. Also, even worse, they take my glasses away so i cant see or read with my horrible vision. It stresses me out and puts me in a bad mood. I try to talk them out of the bedtime but they don't listen to me. And it makes me very angry because all of my friends that are my age don't have bedtimes. Idk what to do

I'm 12yr old and have a 7:30pm bedtime. Mom makes me because I share room with my 9yr old sister and she has to sleep at 7:30.

Yes I remember those early bedtimes well. When I was 12yrs old I had to go to bed even earlier as I shared a bedroom with my 2 younger brothers one who was 2 yrs younger than me and the other who was a only a baby at the time. Our Mum said we had to go to bed at the same time as our baby brother so we would not disturb him if we went in later. Most nights we would all be bathed and in our pyjamas by 5-45pm and in bed where Mum would put us all down to sleep by 6-30pm

Same here bedtime was 7pm for me up to been around 12yrs old. Each night my Mum would start to bath my brother and I who was 8yrs younger than me and we would be both be in our pyjamas by 6-30pm. I would not be allowed to read or anything in bed as mum said my brother needed to go to sleep so she would always put us both down at the same time. If our Mum and Dad was going out we would have a babysitter and bedtime would be brought forward an hour to 6pm. Sometimes my friends would come round to see if I was playing out on an evening and my mum would say no as I was in my pyjamas and ready for bed and it would only be around 5-30pm