hello, I'm a 16 year old girl and i have been experiencing some issues with my periods for nearly a year now. I first started my periods when i was about 11 years old. they was always normal and lasted 4-5 days around September last year I started having problems, it started by not having a period for around 3 months, it made me think i was pregnant but i tested my self 3 time and i wasn't so i told my sister about it and she took me to the doctors, all they did was do a urine sample to see if i was pregnant, and i wasn't so they just left it, few weeks after that i started to bleed it was a relief but then i started to get worried due to the fact it lasted about 2-3 weeks. witch was never normal for me. i then went back to the doctors and  they said it was just a build up of not coming on for so long but it still hasn't gone back to normal after so so so many months. i also sometimes get a cyst between my legs witch courses pain when walking. I'm not close to my mum so cant talk to her about it please help me!

Hi honey! Teenagers very rarely have smooth sailing with their periods - as they are still going through puberty till 19/20. That's why many doctors do not perscribe anything for it! BUT I also do not think that letting the uterus build up SO much to then constantly loose the lining for 2 - 3 weeks! So the way I am thinking is this, I think you should ask to go on the pill. You are 16 - and in most country's, states, provinces etc. this is old enough to make your own decision and ask for it without adult agreement! I am not saying the pill for sex, It is VERY good at regulating your periods and also the older you get they will also equal out! When you thought you were pregnant, is that from not using protection? IF not you need to remember that you CAN get pregnant at ANYTIME and for any length of time - even for a second - and also ANY day through the month!

So now regarding the cyst, where about's is it? And how big is it and is there only one? Also could you describe it to me please?  I can help you further after the information is given!

hello and thank you so much for your reply!  i would ask to go onto the pill but i dont think i can because im slightly over weight to go on that, yes when i thought i was pregnant that was due to not using protection.
the cyst is on my left leg on the inside about 15 cm away from the inner top, its very painfull when i try to walk, its about 1.5 cm circle that the best way i can discribe the size and it sticks out about another 0.5 cm,  and at the moment that is the only one yes but the last time i was bleeding i had one just the same but on the other side of the leg. i have had them befor but not as painfull in diffrent places befor  my periods when wrong. 

I wish they had a draw thing on here! LOL OK so bare with me I'm going to try and describe what I'm talking about!

...../   ....
.....|   |....    LOL this is ridiculous but anyway so on the diagram the upside down v shape is your vagina, the 2 vertical lines are your legs, so RIGHT at the opening of your vagina which is close to your inner thigh, would you say that this cyst is pushing through the skin that is inbetween your vaginal opening and your thigh and is basically inside? Or is it TOTALLY on your thigh/leg not even close to being in the vaginal opening?

Another thing I want you to do is insert your finger just inside the vaginal opening - on both sides - and then see if you feel a bump RIGHT at the opening!

I hope this image holds LOL IF it fails and looks like a bunch of nothing, they just go by my description of what I am asking about OK?

hahahaha lmao i love the diagram :). its not near my vagina its on my leg on the inside about 15 cm down,  
as for the lums on the inside i carnt feel anything abnormal atall. all seems to be fine. 
i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i do keep getting a realllly sharp pain on the left side of my belly to witch doesn't seem to go but isn't as intence if i press down hard on it.
also i found out from family members that my mum used to suffer and still does from cyst's in different places, she had also had a operation today because of polops or something like that.. if it could be genetic in any way ? x