Hi, my son was diagnosed with diplopia. I know that it’s something about his eyes, but I’m not really sure what it is. Can someone explain me please?

Hi, diplopia is a double vision. Your son probably sees two images with the same object, which could be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. Your son’s eyes are misaligned, and thay send to his brain non-matching images. The brain is trying to beat this double vision, so it often ignores one eye. It is often a solution if it really works, and makes double vision go away. The children have more chance of curing than adults, because their symptoms are often less serious. Also, they eyes are not used to this double vision yet, so they can still fight it properly. If both his eys are affected his diplopia is binocular, and if only one eye is affected, he has monocular diplopia.