Hi

So almost 4 weeks ago I had anal sex for the first time. Right after that I had diarrhea and then for a week or two I had no urge to go to the restroom. I forced myself to go but even then it was pencil-thin and not nearly as much as I had consumed. I then took prune juice to soften my stools and I had a little too much so I had the runs. But now I still have the same problem as before. I have pencil stools, there's clear liquid coming out of my anus, and I saw that I might have a fecal impaction; maybe there's a big piece stuck someone deep in my colon? I've been exercising, eating whole grain foods, drinking tea, etc to try and support a normal bowel movement. What's going on, what should I do?

Are you having abdominal pain at all?  Usually if someone has a fecal impaction, he/she will experience a lot of pain and discomfort. It sounds like you are doing everything right as far as diet and exercise.  Is the clear liquid mucuosy?  Is your stool hard or soft that you do pass?  You may want to try stool softeners as well as Metamucil and see if you become regular with this intervention.  If you experience extreme abdominal pain and no bowel movement after doing this, however, you need to get to the doctor right away to see whether you need to be checked for an impaction.

Thanks for replying. I have no pain or discomfort. My stool is soft and broken apart in pencil-thin shapes. Sometimes I can't tell if there is light light blood in the stool but it's possible. The stool is almost like diarrhea in a way. I can't tell if the clear liquid is mucousy but it isn't water i dont think. It's a little sticky maybe. When I pass the little stool I can, sometimes it burns a little. Maybe it's because I'm eating lighter I can't feel any pain but I've had no intense or major pain. But the fact still is I haven't had a normal passing of stool for 4 weeks now.

hi i have the same problem minus the liquid and no blood. do you know what it was?

I have this EXACT same situation happening. No blood. EVERYTHING else you described, right down to the prune juice. It all began with anal intercourse over 4 weeks ago. No pain. But, wondering where all the food I have eaten is.

Was it an impaction?