I have severe rectal pain after nearly every bowel movement. It's more a burning and occasionally a spasm. I use TUCKS to cleanse after each BM and I was usuing hemorroid suppositories and ointment. I also use the the foam that I can insert in my rectum after each BM. Instead of a colonscopy, the surgeon performed a brief rectal exam in his office and said there was no hemmorhoids, a tiny fissure, and nothing else he could see, so he recommended the hydrocortisone cream. Nothing helps and I am in agony. What can I do? It's almost like the acid in my body causes the burning. I keep a lot of acid and yeast inmy body. What can I do/

I'm really sorry to hear that you are suffering from the burn of what you are eating. I can recommend to you that you could try changing your diet to see if that helps. If you have a lot of acid in your body as you are saying, then maybe try not eating spicy foods if you do because that causes burning. Or talk to your doctor about some stomach acid controlling stuff. Does that make sense?

If you have an anal fissure (I have had two in my life-time), it is completely treatable with medicine. If your doc only perscribed hydrocortisone cream, you need to find another doctor.

My doc gave me analpram (small orange, black and white tube) and then some other cream that is to be refrigerated. I don't think I inserted either of them into the rectum, you just apply and it goes where it needs to go and over time, it does get better and heals.

This is probably a wake up call for your diet and way of life. I don't know you, but if you eat spicy foods, I wouldn't do that until you heal completely. High fiber, lots of water, take a stool softener.

Good luck.

I agree with sheekchic and bluedog, spice food might just be the thing that is bothering you. I also love spice food, but I don't eat them that much because my stomach doesn't let me. Also after spice food I fell burning behind too. So I eat it from time to time, not always.
Analpram works like an anesthetic. It reduces the actions of chemicals in your body that cause inflammation. So this can help you ease your pain.
Have you considered seeing other doctors?

I had no idea that you could treat an anal fissure this way. All you need is cream? What did you have to do and how long did you apply the cream?

hello.

I think I used the cream for atleast 2 weeks. Analpram and something else...can't remember. Both really helped a lot. If you doc won't perscribe one, either ask your doc, or get another doctor. Actually, the analpram came with a short thing that attaches to the tube, for easy application inside.

I'm wondering have you felt any discomfort when using analpram? Some people find it difficult to use it this way.
Did your doctor told you to use it just for two weeks, or you got all better after two weeks?

That's really helpful. Okay, so Analpram is one. I am wondering though, why would my doctor not prescribe one? Do you think that doctors would prefer you go through surgery for an anal fissure? I would think that they'd rather do treatment then unnecessary surgery.

Hello again.

I would either get back in to be seen by your doc again and tell your doc that you were wondering about addtl creams that might be helpful... tell him analpram???

Or, go see another doctor.

Again, I'm not a doctor, I have some limited medical knowledge to get me in trouble and that's about it. I can't speak for your doc, but maybe your doc just thought that it is small enough to not require a script. Mine both were pretty large and very painful. I'm sure if you went back and said you were in a lot of pain and seeking out addtl medicine, he/she would oblige. I wouldn't think your doc wouldn't want you to do a fissurotomy- I would do whatever it takes not to have that done. If your doc won't give you anything after days or weeks of being in pain, you need to get another doctor.

I also have rectal burning but it does not occur with every bowel movement, instead it occurs just before I wake up in the morning. My doctor recommended taking (1) Imodium pill around 10AM, 3PM and 3 pills before going to sleep. This is primarily to slow down bowel movements because I was going frequently during the night. He also recommended taking Zantac twice daily to reduce my stomach acid. Both have helped. You might want to speak to your doctor about taking both medications but especially the Zantac.

Try to get doc prescribe 2%nitroglycerine cream not hydro cortisone(stings) this supports relaxation & blood flow... Lots of Vaseline before bm in and around anus to protect from acid. Alkaline diet fruits, veg, whole weat bread, oatmeal, fish! I am also using lactulose to soften stools... & like preph wipes for afterm bm! Good luck...