I am sick and tired of worrying for my little son. He is 5 months old and it seems that he has a diaper rash that just will not pass, for three days now. I have tried several ointments as doctors said but it is just not working. What am I to do? My friends told me that this could be the case of yeast infection in a toddler, but the doctor did not mention this at all!

You do understand that any condition in a little child that lasts for more then couple of days, must be treated immediately. If you are not satisfied with the doctor's diagnose, ask for a second opinion! It is quite possible that he has yeast infection, especially if he has already been taking some antibiotics, because they tend to also kill good bacteria in our bodies, which gives more room for yeast.

my son had this at around the same age. when some kids pooh in their diaper if the pooh stays there for that one or two seconds/minutes extra they then develop a rash....which if not treated properly can lead to yeast infection - open spots.....in this case even wiping them with a wipe would hurt because it stings.

I would lie my little boy down and fan his buttocks area during the summer. and if it didn't get better within a day I would take him to the doctor who would prescribe for him a low dosage of cantestan cream - not harmful.

Other than that I made it a habit to change his diaper (summer or winter) every two hours regardless. This actually helped when I was toilet training him because he didn't like to be dirty.