My 7yr old has had external hemroids since he was potty training. They usually retracted a few hours after a bowel movement but just recently they have started bleeding, which is very scary to my son. I've talked to him about going to the bathroom as soon as he feels the need to go and he assures me that he does. He alternates days of being constipated and having very soft stools but not quite diarrea, his hemroids protrude even when his stools are soft. Should I be worried and what kind of home remedies can I give him? We've been to the doctor and they reassure me that he will grow out of them but its been 4 yrs now. How do I get rid of them or can I?

My infant son has hemorrhoids. From the time he was only 7mo old,he bled from his bottom from time to time after passing a bowel movement. I discussed this with our family Dr. She didn't seem too concerned, just told us to add juice to his diet. I noticed while changing his diaper the other day that he now has what looks like 2 small external hemorrhoids protruding from his anus. This is very upsetting to me. His bm's are soft,
especially since drinking more fruit juices and eating fruits and veggies. He does however strain/push pretty hard when having a BM. I have never heard of an infant getting hemorrhoids. Can anyone offer any advice that will be helpful. I plan on taking him back to the Dr., but would appreciate any help until then.

Thank you

Hello, My son was diagnosed with hemorrhoids after his 2nd birthday. He will be 3 in July and the hemorrhoids are causing a lot of trouble with potty training. Is your son training? I thought I would see if you've gotten any suggestions on how to handle this developmental roadblock. Thanks for your help. Donna

I'm really sorry to hear that your son has hemorrhoids at such a young age and I'm sure that it is a little painful for him. I think that if it's any help, you might want to see a doctor about stool softeners or something along those lines for him so that he can pass stool more easily so I hope that's something they can do.

Well I've been suffering from hemroids since I was 13; im 17 now, I have also recently tried to cut them out because they were external, I didn't succeed because I passed out due to pain, butsince then they have developed scar tissue; can not feel a thing any more. I would recommend actually cutting the external hemroids off. Works a dream.