I've been staying with my boyfriend for the last year and a half.  Absolute bliss.  He was always so gentle and kind.  He is bipolar and on meds which he drinks when and if it pleases him - he also uses alchohol sosially- now more often.  He cant sleep without sleeping medication and is hyperactive most of the time.  He resigned from his job at the end of last year just to go back the very next day on contract basis.  Since march he's been constantly complaiining that I dont notice him  - which is so not true cause I gave him every spare moment I had.  He says that my work is all that matters to me. About a month ago he started a new contract in a small town (3 hours away) - he said this will be the oppertunity to proof himself and get permanently appointed again.

2 weeks ago Sunday he was still telling me that we had such a great weekend and that it reminds him why he loves me so very very much.( 3 weeks before that he  me a huge "commitment ring") He even said that he fell in love with me all over again.  That very same evening he told me that he is moving to the small and that I need to forget about him and move on with my life.  He is a completelyy different person - doesnt want to speak to me , cold and rude.  I've NEVER seen him like this.

He was such a need freak- his ex-wife says he was the complete opposite when they were togther.  he even told his 13 yr pld daughter in january that he wont see her again because he is mad at her mother.

What should I do we were so good togheter , but now he is a stranger to me.  he wants nothing to do with me.  Please help me to make sense from it all

What type of medication is he taking? Has it changed? It's possible that changes in the alcohol consumption or his meds or both could just be to blame... It is somewhat odd for bipolar disorder to have one extreme last more than a month at a time & it could be that he is not JUST shifting moods, but also using it as an excuse because he found someone new? How long ago did the changes start? A real timeline could actually help here... I am bipolar, and there are times where I will be so happy to be with someone I love & then all of a sudden I just don't even want to talk to them, whether it has directly to do with something either of us did or not... So in a way, this isn't surprising, but it sounds MUCH more extreme than it should, unless, as I said, he is either trying to leave for someone else cuz he is having some kind of manic episode affecting judgement, or if his medication/drinking habits have changed recently... Please let me know if I can be of more help... or how things go!

My relationship with a BP Boyfriend just ended after 3 years. It was so hurtful. BP is a horrible illness and it sucks the life out of the partner. I tried everything possible to make our life go well to prevent him form having "episodes". He also could switch on and switch off his emotions. He walksed out, shut off all communication saying we "didnt fit". Unfortunately the fit for BP is....???????? I always saw the good in him, he pointed out every little fault of mine...Good luck, but beware, the hurt gets deeper the longer your are there....

I was with a bipolar boyfriend for a and on for a year and 9 months. I know how you feel. He was hot and cold, loved me land then didn't like me, found fault in me and could say the cruelest things. He was obsessed with sex, watched porn and had weird fantasies. he was all over the place in his mind. but we had a deeper emotional and intellectual connection. It got so bad I had to pull away...then he blamed me, never realizing his fault. I say try you very best to move on...it daly sadly not going to change and you need to protect yourself. I've been through it. I thought I was going crazy by his behaviors.

Hi its months later and I've been through the same scenario 4times since. Yes i an id**t. I wish o could fix him. He is on Epilium, Risperdal, Cipralex and Tegratol. Pls help me to accept that there is nothing wrong wif me. Hope 2 hear from u soon