Ahhhh, I can finally breath again without having to spray my nose with AFRIN, Naturally.

Hi, I was addicted to Afrin sinus spray for more than 20 years, I was a slave to Afrin. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything without my little white bottles of Afrin. This stuff should be banned from the market place, but then again I think cigarettes should be too.

Boy, do I remember all those times when I would go into a panic thinking i didn't have any afrin in the house or in my suitcase or in my pants pocket, God i was terrified I couldn't do without it. I had dreams of me suffocating if I had a car accident and was hospitalized, Im shaking now thinking about how I use to shake back then. But, I found the trick to beating this never ending cycle and i want to tell everyone who has this problem, you don't have to suffer anymore with your Afrin addiction.

First off, go to the drugstore or Walmart pharmacy and look where they sell the afrin sprays. Look down usally on the bottom shelf is a product called the NETI POT.....I know I know, your thinking ah BULL I tried it and it didnt work......Im here to tell you it will if you use a different saline solution than the one that comes with the Neti Pot and Walmart sells it right along side the Neti brand and the name of it is 

SinuSense made by WaterPik. The difference in the solution than the one that comes with the Neti Pot is that the SinuSense has Eucalyptus Oil and Aloe Vera Extract in it and the one that comes with Neti Pot does not.

Now the prescription I used was to use one packet to 8oz of warm distilled water every hour for 12 hours, DO NOT FUDGE ON THIS BECAUSE IT WORKS.....remember I was hooked on Afrin for over 20 years and this stuff healed me first time. DO NOT EVER PUT SINUS SPRAY IN YOUR NOSE AGAIN......You may have to do the treatment a couple times more over the next few day but not a full 12 hours. 

I have been off Afrin now for 7 months and my sinuses are more clear now than ever before....I f I had only looked down on that bottom shelf 20 years ago. I hope you will try this method because IT WORKS. I tried everything and every drug out there and this was the only thing that actually worked for me

Thank you for your post.  I am going through this right now.  My last dose of Afrin was last night.  I'm grateful to have these small little slit openings where my neti pot can still work.  I've been using it every 2 hours but maybe should do every hour.  This is so hard!  I'm on a course of Prednisone (40 mg x 5 days) as well so hopefully everything will start working together as it should.

Huge thanks to Jimmy T for posting this.

I, too, had gotten hooked on Afrin, And was somewhat desperately searching the 'net for a solution

Jimmy's method works!

I used my Netii pot with a product called "Alkalol", From the bottom shelf at Walgreens. I followed the included instructions for starting with a fairly weak solution and then building up and strength.

Well I am giving this a go, and will update the post in a few days with the results.  I can say that the solution (SinuSense) is very soothing and mixes perfectly.  I am using it in Nasaline Nasal Rinsing System, which I find far easier to use than a Neti pot.  You can buy this as well as the SinuSense packets at Amazon.  I am getting ready to pour my nose spray down the drain.  I do love being able to breathe, obviously, as anyone must who is addicted to nasal sprays like Afrin (oxymetazoline) or Nasal Four Way (phenylephrine).  I want to look into my nostrils and not see red angry tissue again, and not be unable to breathe through my nose without using harmful sprays every few hours. 

I am about to give it a go as well :) I just poured salt water up my nose, out of desperation to sleep tonight & then took an alka seltzer, it has helped a lil. At least enough for me to not go crazy :/ Going to try the Nettie pot tomorrow! Thanks everyone:)

thanks for info i used to take it then my nose was fine for months then this past february got cold and been using afrin 2 months now, gets stuffed every 8 to 12 hrs

Don't give up....I'm Afrin free now for over a year....and I PROMISE you it WILL work for you too. Use the SinuSence with aloe every hour for 12 hours and tomorrow you wont believe how open your head is....

Wishing you the BEST
Jimmie

I, too, am a hopeless nasel spray addict. I use vicks sinex 12 hour decongestant & iv been hooked for 8 years plus!!! Iv tried everything I could, but I always seem to fail so im gonna try the top suggestion & hope it does wonders!! Thanks for sharing peeps!!

Kj