I laughed at my friend when she told me that she got addicted on a nose spray. She is not so thrust worthy so I can’t blame myself for not believing her. But then my husband told me it is actually possible, because his co-worker told him the same thing. How is this possible? Thanx

People call it addiction but it is not a real addiction like with drugs that will make you do illegal stuff to get it. And it can be easily reversed with the doctor’s help. This so called “addiction” can happen after only three days nasal spray usage. When the spray wears off, membranes of the sinus may swell and cause congestion, then you take higher doses of the spray, become intolerant, use more spray, and when it wears off you membranes swell, and cause congestion. This cycle is called rebound congestion and will make you keep taking nose sprays until you seek professional help.