A book I just finished reading contained some great references to tai chi. I think tai chi is fascinating and looks very relaxing to me, and I like the fact that it encourages a natural way of life. I would love hearing from anybody on the forum who does tai chi. What is it really like? How do I get started?

I have been doing tai chi for almost seven years now. In the beginning it was hard for me to relax and I felt restless, but I have now gained patience. Tai chi is not always as easy as it looks, and can be hard on the muscles occasionally. It is worth it though. How do you get started? I am sure there is a local group, and you might be able to locate that through google.

I am lucky because I live in Florida and Tai Chi is very popular. There is even a free class offered on Sunday evenings, by a homeopathic doctor, ON THE BEACH!! Unfortunately, I have been dealing with major Plantar Fasciitis issues and have not been able to attend. I am being treated for it and hopefully will be able to go. I would advice, looking at your local Recreation Department, community college, gyms, etc. This type of exercise is becoming more and more popular. Good luck in your search!