I'm a 20 year old girl, and for the past year I've had bad bloating in my stomach. When I try to make a bowel movement it feels like I can't get everything out and I'm never done. I often strain to have a bowel movement, when I do have one it's either diariah or hard stools. Lately I've noticed bright red blood on the toilet paper. Lately I've been feeling tired all the time, and experiencing a little bit of nausea. I'm not sure if my heartburn has anything to do with these symptoms, because I take medication now to treat it. I've gained about 20 pounds in that last year and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, eather. I've been to a couple of doctors about it and they havent seemed to help me. If anyone has any idea what could be wrong, please let me know.

Hello, I'm a 20 year old girl as well and I have been feeling the same problems and symptoms as you for just over a year. I've been to a number of doctors and none seem to know what is going on which drives me insane because I know what I am feeling and I know it is not normal to experience these things.

I am always bloated which drives me nuts and I am in pain when trying to make a bowel movement too and it switches from being really hard to being really soft. I've noticed red blood on the toilet paper as well but I just assumed it was because the bowel movement was so hard. I also get a stabbing pain in my pelvic area and then it moves and I sometimes get it in my stomach and under my right rib cage (sounds wierd i know but that is when it feels like it is coming from) which makes me feel a little sick. This happens at any time.

My boyfriend thought I was pregnant because I was experiencing nausea and feeling sick alot but I am not pregnant and I am still experiencing nausea. I feel the heartburn too and thought maybe I was eating too fast but I get it when I haven't even eaten anything at times. I also get alot of headaches.

I know I haven't really helped you but at least you know there is someone out there experiencing something similar.

If there is someone who knows what is going on could you let me know. Thanks.

Hello. My name is Stacy, i am a 21 year old girl, and I found this posting very helpfull. I had a cyst removed off of my right ovary in August of 2006, and am still having alot of problems, though I am unsure if they have anything at all to do with this.

There are times when I am constipated, and can't have a bowel movement at all, even when I feel like I need to. And other times I have diarhea..... I also get this feeling like my insides are swollen on the right side of my pelvic area, that travels down my right leg. I know this sounds strange, but it is the only way I know how to explain it. It's not like being bloated, it's like my organs are rubbing against eachother.

Just two days ago, I started getting this shooting pain in my left side, about where your ovaries are located, that would come and go, but it happened whether I was doing anything or not. On the same day, I also got this feeling like heartburn under the right side of my ribcage, though it felt as if I had a baloon under there yesterday, and today I am just sick to my stomache.

I am going to see my doctor again on July 6th, and she wants to test me for Interstitial Cystis (Painfull bladder syndrome). Maybe you should mention it???? :? I don't know, but I hope that I have helped. Please let me know if you find out anything more. Actually, you can e-mail me at _[removed]_.

Thanks, and good luck.

Stacy

i have had exactly the same symptoms as all of you above except the blood on the toilet paper, but to be honest i would say the blood is probably because you are straining to have a bowel movement(only my opinion). Anyway i had been having all your symtoms for almost a year and at first the DR did not really take any interest, then i got a Dr who did take interest a few months back and he was able to finish my sentences for me when i was explaing how i felt. He told me i had an infection in the lining of my stomach and he put me on tablets called Omeprazolone(one a day), these did help for a few days then to be honest my symtoms got worse. After a few weeks i went back to my Dr to have bloods taken as i have very low iron levels and have to have bloods done every month, anyway i explained my symtoms which were feeling like very bad heartburn and as if someone was standing on me just above and between my breasts, also looking at some foods which i had always loved and feeling extremely sick and wakening up in the middle of the night suddenly feeling very sick, and also at different times of the day, stomach cramps all the time and problems going to the loo. My Dr said she was going to test me for the HELICOBACTER VIRIS(which i had never heard of) and sure enough 7 days later the blood came back positive. This is a living orginism in the lining of your stomach, and stomach acid will not kill it off or the usual basic course of anti-biotics either. I read up on this on the net and have to say it freaked me out totally as said has high risks of stomach cancer but DONT take any notice of this as it has been proven 60 to 70% of people actually have the helicobacter virus and live all their lives without ever knowing about it as they never have any symptoms. The Dr requested to see me straight away and i have now been put on what is called Triple Therapy, which is tablets again called omeprazolone(one twice a day) and two different type of anti-biotics, so in total i have to take 8 tablets a day, these are VERY strong tablets and all work with each other, so if you dont take all on a really regular basis, you may as well not bother with any. The only side effect i have had is a terrible metalic taste in my moth about an hour after taking my tablets and it pretty much lasts all day, apart from that, i feel a bit better already. You have to take some of the tablets for two weeks and the others for a month. This will totally rid you of the virus and you will feel a lot better. I have also been advised that even though the virus will go away with these tablets, it will still show up in blood tests for around 4to6 months after. I hope this helps you all. I am not saying you all have this virus but your symptoms are very similar to mine.PS- i am a 34 year old female.

Hi I am a male 43 years old and I can tell everybody something. I have the same symptoms as all of the girls above so I know this has nothing to do with if you are a male or a female. About a year ago I started having a bloating feeling and a lot of gas. My will to eat wasn't there any more I lost 80 lb in the last nine month . I don't know what's going on, but I can tell you something is not right. In the last few years I've heard a lot of cases of stomach problems. Why all of a sudden now! My doctor put me on omeprazolone and it seemed to work for a little while. Then after a month, the pain came back. I've been suffering with, headaches, gas, headaches, dizziness, dry mouth, some seem to think that it's in our water. Some other people think it's in our food. I also looked up H. pylori, and it's becoming more common than ever! I believe to some extent, we have to take care of ourselves. Because of the pharmaceutical companies and the drug administrators are making billions of dollars keeping us on drugs. Another thing that could be looked at is parasites. They can be microscopic and grow as long as 3 feet. They suck all the nutrients out of your body and have you to feel weak. If you want more information on this topic. You can check out Dr. Clark's website. You can google it at www.Dr. Clark's.com, or just put in Dr. Clark. There are lots that doctors don't know at this point in time. That's what's so good about the Internet. I hope this helped anyone that's having stomach problems thank you Don.

I am a 29 y.o. male and I have been experiencing alot of the same symptons that have been posted here, also. Aside from the obvious differences between males and females. However, the bowel problems and fatigue, etc. has had be truly concerned about my health. I have been randomly tested for std's and HIV/Aids screenings because I have been at wits end, the doctors have had no definitive conclusions either. So, just to let all of you know that something is truly going on here. I don't know; yet, I plan on following up on myself routinely. I will post any new updates on my condition. The best of luck to all of us!

hello i am 20 female and i have had the same problem as well with the stool and pain in the stomach and getting tired alot but i didnt sart this until after i had my galbladder taken out for gaul stones can any body help

Hi
I Might have a cure for you I had the same problem a few months ago
and i started using Herbalife Product. I Was Pregnant and then I just started gaining weight . My Sister introduced me to Herbalife and I feel excellent and I also lost the weight that I've gained and I'm not tired or Nasueas any more. And now I'm also a Distributor for Herbalife. Because it changed my life and I also want to help change others.

wondering if you have pain in your upper abdomen?sounds like gallbladder I had mine removed my dr said mine was one of the worst hes seen in awhile.Before i had mine out i had alot of the same problems,pain in upper right rib cage (thats where your gallbladder is) nausea and couldnt figure out why i got headaches all the time bad ones dr put me on meds didnt work.I had a ultrasound because i found out i was pregnant and they saw my gallstones.I had it removed and literally within days my headaches were gone the dr could only figure out that gallbladder attacks can make your neck and shoulders hurt so somehow made my head hurts.He said nausea and pain in upper right ribs are a given with gallbladder attacks,but people can have other symptoms that differ from person to person.So if you still have your gallbladder its worth checking out,to get rid of all the pain etc.and if left untreated it can cause serious problems.

Hi my names Melissa and I could really do with some help! I have been diagnosed with ibs and am having a really bad time. I get really bad attacks where I am left crippled on the ground for house and then daily I have to deal with abnormal bloating to the point where I look pregnant- I have now started getting bloated to the point where it feels like sumtin is actually behind my rib cage and full on pushing it out!- which is very depressing and also constipation. I just feel completely lost. Two years ago I was happy with my body! I can actually remember the time bc I was with a guy and I just remember feeling confident and satisfied with the way I looked. This meant everything to me bc I did have to diet and exercise to achieve that! Then after that it all just went wrong. I began waking up in the middle of the night clutching my stomach and trying so hard not to scream the house down. Im now on alot of medication and have had a gastroentology and colonoscopy. I feel like Ive been made to believe that all my symptoms are in my head wich isnt fair and Im finding it so hard to feel happy when my body is causing me so much grief! Ive read everything and anything on ibs now and it upsets me so much that at 22 my day focuses around my bowel movements! I just dont feel like Im being taken seriously at all! I really dont no who else to talk to anymore bc I only talk to my doctors about it and its not the type of thing I want to be talking about with friends as I just get to upset over it and its not fair on them! I no you have done articles before but at this stage I need something more in dept Im talking for the sufferers where nothing seems to be helping! I know that seems a bit what can we do with that but its true nothing is working! I feel as if some magical medecine is being kept from me because I cant believe people are actually living the way Im living everyday! Ive made the life style changes Ive taken the advice Im drinking the perppermints teas taking aloe vera capsules, drinkin plently of water eating fibre! I go to the doctor and sometiimes they are unsypathetic and when I go to a new one I get fustrated bc I get asked these questions where they try to suss out if Im stressed or unhappy or not drinking enough water or eating enough fruit and veg! I feel as if I know more about ibs then they do! and my last doctor told me that I should really just learn to deal with it! deal with it! tell me how! I just really feel like ive worn out all the options at this stage and theres nothing else anyone can do for me! I have a consultant and Im in the process of doing food elimination but I just dont see where its going nothings changing! I no I sund a bit pessimistic but Ive had this for 2 years now! Im 22 and Im taking 5 tablets before every meal how long can this go on for! I cant afford to try acupuncture and I think thats the one thing I havent tried thats been suggested! Please help I dont want to get depressed ocer this because everything else in my life is so good and I am so grateful but this is honestly ruining the goodness!
Sumone pls add me I am lost completely lost

I think this might help a lot of people out. My stepson was having really bad pain he felt like he was going to vomit and I felt horrible for the poor thing. He also had blood in his stool. We brought him to quite a few doctors and finally went to a great gastro doctor. They did a colonoscopy on him and found out that he actually had chromes or colitis. I would read up on some of them and ask your doctor about it. High fiber foods will make it hurt more as well as nuts and things like popcorn. Also he cannot have a lot of lactose foods because in his case it makes him feel worse. I hope this helps some of you but you will need to be on medicine as well to help you out. Go see a doctor because he was getting anemic because of this. Anyway good luck to you all

i to can relate to these symptoms, although i have not yet found myself a cure, i can pass on some interesting information that may help you all see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Read the book:
Iternal Health, The Key to Eternal youth and vitality
by: Ron Gellatley N.D
you can also google: food combining
or read the book:
Fit for Life
by; Harvey and Marilyn Diamond
The information in these books have given me a better understanding on how our bodies process food, so once you understand this then you will be able to control it alot better.
This is the way i see it, i dont hate that i have this stomach problem, i dont like it either, but you know what, it teaches me to look after myself a whole lot better because there are people out there who put some much c**p in thier bodies that one day thier body wont take it anymore, so im glad mines giving me a warning first.
hope you get some relief

I have suffered from IBS all my life and so have my children. The best help i can suggest is using probiotics. I prefer to drink Activia yogurt because i get the benefits of the probiotics and it taste great. However if you don't like yogurt you can buy a probiotic pill called Cullturelle at Walmart or there are many other great brands. The live bacteria are the best so i always make sure the one i buy has 10 billion live cells. The probiotics regulate your system by putting bacteria back into your intestinal tract, however your body may need a few days or so to adjust. Once you get your system regulated the bloating is reduced if not gone. Probiotics ended years of constipaton/diahrea/ stomach aches and misery for my family.
If you want to know more about probiotics google it. I have never had a doctor recommend it to me but it would have saved me years of problems with unpredictable stomach reactions like diareah/constipation.
Any female though with bloating, frequent urination, pain ect should make sure they have a yearly check up because ovarian cancer has many of the same symptoms.

I know this is going to sound insane but i have been fighting with IBS and chronic constipation for a long as I can remember. I started taking Dr Natura's colon cleanse 2 monhs ago and it has been a miracle. I can honestly say that i have never felt better. Please, before you start pumping your body with more things that are going to hurt you, check out Dr Natura. My sister did a health store bought cleanse and go no results.

I just typed my symptoms into google and came up with a whole page of people feeling exactly the same! That is totally crazy.
The last 4 days I'v been incredibly tired slept for at least 12 hours the last 3 nights, and worse today when i had 2 mini sleeps on top of my 12 hours. I feel like i need to make a bowel movement but can't seem to, then occasionally diarhorea. Its so weird. I haven't felt 'right' for months.
I feel sick all the time, yesterday it felt like someone was jumping on my rib cage and it happens at any time.. I feel fairly relieved that I'm not going crazy when so many others are feeling the same!!
Keep in touch, hope we can all get back to normal!