For the past few years I have had problems with my digestive/gastro-intestinal health. About two years ago I noticed that I seemed to be having a more frequently upset stomach (usually diarrhoea) than was normal. About once a month I'd have a severly upset stomach but the rest of the time I'd be fine. Then about a year and a half ago I realised that I was feeling nauseaous every single day, usually in the morning, but sometimes in the afternoons too. Often eating would relieve the feeling for a couple of hours, but at other times eating would make me feel much worse and even sicker. Since then I have been to see various doctors and gastro specialists, I've had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy but they have not discovered anything. The common diagnosis is that it is IBS, but I don't really suffer from the constipation/diarrhoea pattern and nausea is my biggest problem. I have also noticed that I am quite bloated (much more than I used to be) and my stomach is constantly churning, grumbling and making noises. I feel like I constantly want to press and kneed my stomach, because it is so bloated, pulsing and gassy. Despite the never-ending nausea I have never actually been sick, however when I'm feeling really nauseous I seem to swallow excessively which can make me feel terrible. Obviously as this has been going on so long I'm not pregnant, although I do have quite bad periods and feel particularly bad around that time of the month.

Although nausea doesn't sound like a particularly bad problem it affects me every day and can prevent me living my life as I want to. I often feel that I can't be active or do excercise because my stomach feels so uncomfortable and I feel so sluggish. It can disrupt nights out with my friends when I suddenly feel incredibly sick or my stomach is upset. Frustratingly doctors seem to lose interest in finding out what's wrong now that they know it's nothing serious, but I long for the days when I didn't worry about what my stomach was doing or how I was feeling.

Can anyone help or does anybody else suffer from similar symptoms? It would be great to know that I'm not alone.

LaLa

I found your post while googling for ideas about what my stomach problem is, so I don't have any advice for you, but I absolutely agree that nausea can be debilitating at a certain point. My issue is that I'm never hungry; I go straight from 'not hungry' to 'so hungry i'm nauseous' and I can never seem to break the cycle because I never want to eat anything. And doctors are twits - I've had tons of blood tests done (for stomach ulcers and thyroid problems and whatever else they think might cause stomach pain), as well as a full abdominal sonogram and an endoscopy, and just like you, they basically said 'we don't know, so we're going to guess IBS' (really, I'm starting to get the feeling that IBS is the fall-back diagnosis for any and every gastrointestinal issue they can't figure out. My roommate in college actually had IBS, and it was a serious issue for her, but I really don't believe that's what my problem is, especially since the medication they gave me for it aren't helping).

Sorry about rambling - I just thought it might be good for someone to empathize with you.

Good luck finding a solution (or at least controlling the symptoms...)

in relation to the first post- i have the same symptoms, though i am often dizzy along with being nausous. it usually hits me in the afternoon. i have tried eating different things to see if anything is triggering it- nothing changed. and funny enough- i have a mild version of the second posts' symptoms- im either too full to look at food, or im starving. i have about ten min in between where i am just plain hungry- and i eat a tiny bit and im full again. i have tried to control that by sticking to a set meal pattern whether im hungry or not. i have had tests and no answers still. did either of you get a diagnosis?

I feal the same way ! I'm 20 year old male and I got stomach promblems I think. I might have cancer I'm really scared of dying

Wow...I decided to look my symptoms up on google. This is the first blog that I'm actually reading from the results I got from googles search. and every one of your posts describe exactly how I've been feeling for about the passed 6 months. I am a 22 year old male, who also is scared that he may be dying and I don't even know it. We must stick together and find out what this is....have there been any updates on information or anything in the recent time?? I'm desperate to find out whats been eating away at me...Please any kind of help would amazing.

These posts are long time ago, but I came across now because I started having similar problems recently. Hope some of you have found the causes of this ailment by now. My searches point me towards allergy from Gluten based food like wheat etc. Try Gluten free food and let me know if it helps 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use