Hello! I have a problem with my throat, it hurts and my neck is swollen and I have been suffering from headaches for the last 4 days. Above all, I am starting to lose my voice. Could this be just a common cold, or could it be something else as well? All replies are welcome!

Hi there! I had similar symptoms when I had Laryngitis. It is an inflammation of the larynx and is usually caused by a viral infection. Laryngitis can be a part of a more widespread infection like infected throat, tonsillitis, a cold, or a flu-like illness and can experience some other symptoms like sore throat, headache, feeling tired, swollen neck glands, runny nose, pain on swallowing, and general aches and pains. Viral laryngitis gets worse over 2-3 days but then it eases and goes, usually within a week. One may still have a croaky voice for a week or so even after the other symptoms have gone. I haven’t treated it, I only drank a lot of water, and used ibuprofen to ease the pain and headache. I wanted to tell you a little bit about this, so that you can make a comparison with your symptoms. It would be best, if you visited a doc of course.

I also had the same problem. Swollen glands, temporary loss of voice, hard to swallow and headache. It would come and go and Dr. thought was virus. I wasn't satisfied so I went to an endocrinologist. Found out I had thyroiditis. Common among women between 20 - 60. Also causes weight gain due to thyroid is the thermostat for you body along with liver. If you not satisfied with Dr. answer try an endocrinologist. Hope this helps.