Right now, the back of my mouth, under my tongue, my (what I'm guessing are) lymph nodes (just under the jaw) are all swollen. All of this came about very quickly, about two days ago. Before that, I was perfectly fine, and I've never had any of these tonsil/swollen neck issues before. It's very painful to swallow, and sometimes a little hard to breath. I'm having a hard time talking normally.

The lymph node under the jaw has ballooned fairly quickly and is extremely painful. I'm wondering if there is a possibility it will get even bigger? It feels fluid-y, not rock hard or anything. The size is quite noticeable visually. Very large difference from two days ago. I don't know if I have a fever, I don't have any thermometers around. I have been extremely tired, but haven't been able to get a full nights sleep since this onset.

I'm 24, my wisdom teeth are impacted and horizontal (I read somewhere on this board that possible teeth issues can affect the nodes just below, so that could be a culprit?). I've got hypothyroidism also, but I have not been on that medication for a long while now. I don't believe it to be a goiter because of the placement/symptoms.

I don't have much money now for a doctor's visit (no insurance), so I guess I'm in search of just how severe this might be. And if it's a storm that can be weathered without expensive medical help.

i have the same problem. 16 y/o male

yeah im 16 y/o female and theres sites that are saying it can be an std or cancer

16 y/o female & i have it the now, ive had it a few times & it usually goes away after a while but what can i do to ease the pain?

35yo male, Same issue, two days ago just started hurting under jaws, near my neck. Went to the doctors yesterday because the throat, tongue, swollow, pain was unbareable. He gave me a ZMAX 2GM treatment, basically a liquid antibiotic. He said I probably had a viral infection with a bacterial component (for what that's worth). He said there wasn't anything they could do for the pain.

Gargling with warm/hot saltwater seems to help the most.

could be mono :-(

I have white exudate on my left tonsil, I just got over have tonsillitis in one tonsil, and I was wondering if anyone had white c**p on the backside of their tonsil??

When you have white on your tonsils, it is most likely strep throat.