For over a month now I have had numerous lymph glands swollen all over the right side of my neck only. The left side of my neck and the front is fine. I went to my doctor a month ago and after many blood tests discovered I have had mono. This is my third week out of work in an attempt to get better. My glands are not as swollen but still have not returned to normal. Two days ago I woke up to find the base of the right side of my neck in pain with new glands swollen and painful to the touch. Is this due to mono or is there something more? What could cause only my right side of my neck to be affected?

The swollen lymph nodes in your neck are surely the sign of the mono and besides, you can also notice the other symptoms such as having the sore throat and headaches which can be constant or occurring from time to time. You might have even noticed some white patches on the back of your throat. How do you feel now having the mono? My sister is also the one who has it and she’s being tired all the time, often complaining about sleeping deficit.
Anyways, the swollen lymph nodes are surely the symptom of some infection which you surely have, but having them swollen just on one side of the neck should be further examined. I would recommend consulting with your doctor about these. I could tell you that I somewhere read that the swollen lymph nodes just on one side of the neck could be the result of some calcium deposits, which could be smashed by ultrasonic waves. Maybe someone knows more about this, I was just making a guess here.