Looking to get back into running. Several years ago I had a couple of running watches that would help me pace myself during runs. It would beep every stride to keep me on pace. Does anyone know an inepensive running watch with this feature?

I used to have a Freestyle Predator with that feature. I'm pretty sure it's called a "pacer" function. I just took a quick surf around and can't find watches having that anymore. My suspicion is with the coming of GPS, that function has been replaced by units that can tell you your exact pace by using gps, so getting a pace locked by beeps ain't happening much anymore. It's kind of an annoying feature actually when you think about it. I tried it a few times, but it was like running with the watch alarm going off. Can't say I know of anyone else ever even trying it. Likely that watch manufacturers stopped adding the feature from lack of demand :shrug:

I guess I need to upgrade to GPS. Any recommendations?

I use a Garmin 201..

I didn't know gps watches would beep to every one of your strides, it seems like that would be sort of annoying, but I bet helpful too. Maybe I should invest in one too, since it's hard to keep any type of pace when you are running alone.

Trail Running Blog

I use a Garmin 201..
Which GPS would you recommend now? I can't seem to find Garmin 201 in stores around here.

Joly

I currently use the Nike+ sportwatch. It is a GPS watch that is about $170. I love it and the mike website is great for looking at maps of my runs. For a cheaper alternative you could try the nike+ sportband. It isn't gps but it uses the shoepod to track your pace and distance. The pod isn't really accurate at first but the more you use it the better it gets. It will tell you your current pace, avg. mile and overall time plus a few other things. Both of these a great additions to your training.