Running is a great activity, but unfortunately due to my recent heart problems I don’t dare to start training though my doctor says it is perfectly fine if I don’t exaggerate. Do you think that all those new electronic devices can help me run properly? Suggest me something that will monitor all the important functions of my body and alert me if I should stop running. Thanks.

If your doctor says it’s ok if you run, that means you’ll only feel better if you take up some sports activity. I think that you’re going to feel much safer if you have one of those gadgets for monitoring heart rate and other body functions. You’ll know exactly how much miles you’ve run and at what speed and there is usually an alarm that beeps when you enter the danger zone. I’d suggest you to buy Nike+iPod kit. You’ll get a pair of special Nike running shoes with a pocket in the insole where you put the sensor which will measure your activity and performance and iPod to listen to music. If you think this is not a serious device, Polar has numerous models for calculating heart rate zone and all other important factors. I also have one of these gadgets although my health is ok.