Hello! I am 26, in a 3-years relationship and I think I got pregnant. The problem is I started working recently and am really not ready to be a mother yet because I am really enjoying my work and would like to commit myself to it for a while. The problem is that my boyfriend is already 30 and is ready to be a father, has been for a year or so. I really love him and want a family with him, but it not now. I am thinking about abortion but I am afraid especially because I heard about that post abortion syndrome and would love to hear more about it. I know I am a little bit selfish but I am just not ready to be a mother yet. Thank you in advance

Hi! I can totally relate because I am in a similar position and when I think of getting pregnant, I feel just like you do. I mean, I am not pregnant but we do have unprotected sex and it could happen. I know I should make sure that it doesn’t and I was thinking about starting some bc pills but I am lousy with pills and will probably forget to take them. I was reading about post abortion syndrome and it represents mental and emotional distress after having an abortion. It could rage from mild grief and regret but in some women it could manifest in severe symptoms like nightmares related to the abortion, preoccupation with the aborted child, feelings of "craziness" and others like eating disorders, depression, addictions, anxiety, anger, low-self esteem, etc. I have a few friends who did have an abortion when they were like 20 or so and they don’t seem to have a problem with it. However, I talked to another one who already had eating disorders (read mental problems as well), and she did and still does have problems of guilt and wishes she kept the child. I don’t know if I should be giving you any advise because I feel just like you do. What thing is sure though, you should tell him and talk things openly and both of you should say what you feel. Sometimes, I think that I wouldn’t make difference if I would have it now or in two years time and what if I won’t be able to get pregnant later? Good luck to you

I WORK IN abortion clinics and assist in the abortion procedure... I also do counseling to women having aboritons...

WOMEN WHO WANT to have an aboriton rarely feel regretful and have severe emotional issues..

It is WOMEN WHO ARE FORCED COERCED AND DO NOT want an abortion who HAVE ONE ANYWAYS that feel these feelings.

I had a baby in January got pregnant again in april. I had an abortion and got pregnant again in July and had another abortion. It just wasn't the time to have another child. I don't have any regrets about doing it. It is your body and your decision and if you are not ready to be a mother then you should be the one who makes that decision.

I rescently had an abortion after believing that i was not ready to be a mom. I am still in college and graduation day is still very far off. I thought with working two jobs and going to school it would be best to abort. I am now having extreme difficulty dealing with the lose of my unborn child. Although i feel i made the right decision i believe if i knew then how much emotional pain i would be in now i would have chosen to keep my child. I have read lots on PAS, post abortion syndrom, and discovered that many women feel extreme guilt after their abortion. My advise is to think very hard about your decision. Once you abort there is no going back. You will may have other children but you may always long for that first child and nothing will ever bring him back. Good Luck in which ever decision you make

Hi Guest,

Sorry so late a post, I just read your posting. I am sorry you are having a rough time. Please know that there is healing and restoration. I have counseled women and have seen the IMMENSE restoration when these things occur.

In my humble opinion, I think that wether or not a woman WANTS to abort, it is a miraculous time in the body and as you mentioned in your post, ALOT of women do go through PAS, alot of them dont talk about it. Alot of women, in my opinion need to be able to mourn their loss, and move forward into restoration and healing.

These changes come when there are people out there who are concerned with healing. I have heard alot of women mention that they dont want to be "judged" or lectured, and I agree.

It has been my desire to help in this process in the best way I can. If you would like, you can PM me by clicking on my name on the screen. I will help best as I can.

Hizgrace

Hizgrace4all wrote:

Guest wrote:

This is so sweet. Choosing to have an abortion IS hard and there are mental health issues that result. I heard 'phantom babies' crying during the entire 7 months following the abortion that I should have been pregnant. It was strange and scary. And I felt horribly torn over what I'd done and why I'd done it. Sometimes, the right choice still causes a whole truck load of pain.

It's been 19.5 years since my abortion. I remember the day I got pregnant, the day I found out for sure, the day I decided to terminate, the day I terminated, every single thing about the procedure, and the due date for the baby. This hasn't gone away for me, and you know? I'm okay with that. I embrace the love I felt for the fetus as well as the regret that it wasn't the right time for it to come to me. I prayed a lot and know I was forgiven and also knew that that baby's soul would one day be returned to me.

Abortion is controversial. There are a million reasons to have one and a million not to. There are alternatives, but none that I could have lived with.

Remind yourself often why you chose that route. Remind yourself often of the behavior, if there was any, that got you into the situation in the first place. Take precautions to avoid a repeat. Most of all, respect your own SELF. Trust in the Lord, that He guided you well. And do all you can to make your future different, and positive, so that the fetus didn't die in vain.

This is a hard post. Hang in there. Love yourself. And never be ashamed.

Hugs to you, sister.

Kritasim wrote:

Hizgrace4all wrote:

Guest wrote:

VERY WELL SAID KRITAPUT

Hugs to you, sister.

I AM AN OLDER MOM OF A 17 YEAR OLD. NEWLY MARRIED AND REALLY WANTED ANOTHER CHILD. I GOT PREGNANT AND GOT SCARED AND HAD AN ABORTION. I FELT REALLY BAD ABOUT IT AND STILL WANTED A CHILD. I GOT PREGNANT AGAIN AND HAD SECOND THOUGHTS ALL OVER AGAIN. ALMOST LIKE I WASNT MYSELF. SO I HAD ABORTION NUMBER TWO.. AND IM RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED. I DO WANT ANOTHER CHILD BUT THINK I WILL WAIT TIL MY CHILD GRADUATES HIGH SCHOOL SO I WONT HAVE THOSE FEELINGS OF LETTING HIM DOWN AND NOT BEING THERE FOR HIM HIS MOST IMPORTANT YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL.. ANY THOUGHTS ON MY FEELINGS OF CRAZINESS??